Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 11-24-04, 10:43 PM   #1
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25
Default picked up new sponsor today

I am happy to announce i have picked up a new sponsor for this season. The season started out good for us with a win last month at the ABA on silverwood and its beginning to pay off. Markey's lures specializing in spinnerbaits and tailspins has offered to sponsor me this season. Markey's is based in Southern Calif with a phenominal line of baits. I am looking forward to a great season for both us. .................. Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 10:57 PM   #2
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default Re: picked up new sponsor today

congrats and have a great season.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 11:00 PM   #3
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

Let me be the first to say congratulations. May you get many more. Getting Good Sponsorship is difficult, and I must say I am Blessed with three of the Best. The trick for me was I approached the companies of which products I already used and were familiar with. Some had openings, some do not. I will still use those products. Try this, and you may be able to pick up a few more. One mistake not to make though. Do not go to every single company in the fishing industry with the same pitch. They know what is going on, and that is the quickest way to not get ANY sponsors.

Again,
Congratulations.

Charles

Retriever Lures Pro- Staff www.retrieverlures.com
Carolina Chips Associate Pro Staff www.carolinachip.com
The Original Fish Formula Pro Staff www.fishformula.com
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-04, 11:46 PM   #4
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15

So...in order to get a sponsor, you go to them...they don't come to you? I figured they watched the tourneys on t.v. Saw who was doing well, and approached them in a manner to advertise their company.
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-04, 03:34 AM   #5
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25

Thank you all, we did kind of find eachother by accident at a show and we began to talk. a few email tags and phone tags and we reached upon a deal that works for both of us. I believe we are both in a position to help eachother fulfill our goals. The season started off well lets hope we keep a forward momentum. thank you all for the support . ............. Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-04, 06:16 AM   #6
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Congrats socal!! I hope its benefitial for you both. ;D
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-04, 08:02 AM   #7
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

A couple of days ago, I made a tongue in cheek post about figureing I could win every tournament and set back and wait for the old sponsor checks to come rolling in. I was kidding, but I think a lot of people think it does work like that.

Being a sponsored fisherman is a job. Like most jobs you have to apply for them. Sure you might have someone come to you, it happens, but it's not the normal way things work. McDonalds doesn't normally go out and ask people to flip hamburgers for them.

When you're a sponsored fisherman you job is not to go fishing. You job is to sell. Going fishing may be part of that, but it's not the reason you got hired. You got hired to sell whatever the person who hired you wants you sell. And let's face it, most of this stuff is pretty hard to sell.

There are dozens of boats, motors, trucks, and such for a person to choose from. When you get into smaller things like rods, reels, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, sinkers, worms etc., there are hundreds if not thousands of different ones for someone to choose from. You job is to convince them to buy "Brand A" widgets rather than the other 553 examples of widget on the market.

If you can do this by winning a tournament, that's great. If you can do it by using the widget and telling them how to make a better widget, that's great. If you can do it by sucking up to the so and so that runs the tackle shop and getting him to order more of your brand of widget than he does of the other guys widgets that's great.

So you got to figure out what is is about you that makes you a better widget salesman than the other people who are applying for that job. It's not about what can the company do for you. It's about what YOU can do for the company.

Congratulations to anyone who gets one of those jobs. It's not easy. Now go sell widgets.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-04, 11:05 AM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Congratulations ;D Please keep us posted on your road to the Classic this year

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.