Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 12-01-12, 04:53 PM   #226
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thanks Mark, I will probably take you up on the towing somewhere. I promise this yak wont walk the dog though, too pronounced a keel.

And thanks for the info Boogie. We will all have to exchange numbers just in case, its a big lake, people could get lost.
Old 12-01-12, 05:39 PM   #227
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Thanks Mark, I will probably take you up on the towing somewhere. I promise this yak wont walk the dog though, too pronounced a keel.

Absolutely Billy, and that's good to know about the keel.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 02:03 PM   #228
woody

And Billy, since we're still on subject, I have to ask, do you carry your own tow rope aboard the yak?

If not, I've got a length(30ft+or-) of rope and a couple of carabiners that we can put to use...

-Mark

Last edited by woody; 12-02-12 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-02-12, 04:14 PM   #229
bassboogieman

I have several if he doesn't - no need to buy one.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 04:29 PM   #230
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I have several if he doesn't - no need to buy one.
Thanks Bruce.

-Mark
Old 12-07-12, 06:50 PM   #231
bcklash

Heard there was fairly bad fish kill at DH this summer. Alot of the locals are worried about the fishing for a number of years.
Old 12-08-12, 12:32 PM   #232
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Heard there was fairly bad fish kill at DH this summer. Alot of the locals are worried about the fishing for a number of years.
Yeah, I heard about this too. Most are suggesting that it's attributed to the lack of rainfall and the above average temps that were having this summer. As far as how this will impact the fishing, I don't know, only time will tell. I can say though, It's a huge lake with an incredible fish population. IMO the fish that did die off could have been the weaker, and perhaps the older fish that were nearing the end of their life cycle anyway. Like I said only time will tell for sure. And something else to think about, maybe with all of this talk there will be less fishing pressure for all of us smalljaw fishermen... only time will tell.

I would like to add though, that I have been hearing good reports of a good number of fish being caught early in the day with the float n fly.

-Mark
Old 12-08-12, 07:59 PM   #233
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
And Billy, since we're still on subject, I have to ask, do you carry your own tow rope aboard the yak?

If not, I've got a length(30ft+or-) of rope and a couple of carabiners that we can put to use...

-Mark
OK, yeah I guess that rope would be better than the smaller ropes I have. Ive never towed a yak, it is actually small enough to fit on the decks of some boats.

Hope the fish kill doesn't screw things up, but we will figure it out. Theres lots of lakes around there anyway. Cordell Hull lake doesn't look to far away on the map.
Old 12-11-12, 03:53 PM   #234
bassboogieman

I've made the reservation. I will be in Cabin 14, arriving the 12th (with father-in-law in tow) and checking out on the 19th. Cabin is just up the hill to the left of Cabin 10 and Cabin 0, and close to the restuarant, although I think I'll bring some food for this trip. Food is taxable in TN, so it will be a little cheaper bringing some along.

Yes Donald, I AM BRINGING SCRAPPLE and pork roll, saurkraut and hard pretzels. Daniel, I'm bringing a gallon of apple pie - aged apple pie!

Cabin is two bedroom & two beds, so I'm not looking to take on any additional cabin mates unless there is someone that can't get into a cabin otherwise.

If the fishing is like last year, I will be out early and in by 11:00 and have the early afternoon to get an early dinner ready. After dinner I plan to go back out until dark. The afternoon fishing last year was non-existant (for me anyway) so I won't be wasting fishing time during non-productive hours and eating when the fish are too. I missed a lot of the evening fishing last year due to comming in to get dinner around 6 PM.

Plans are always subject to change depending on what the fish are doing, but that's the way I am going to begin my week until conditions dictate otherwise.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 12-11-12 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-11-12, 07:39 PM   #235
woody

Look forward to seeing you, Bruce.

I'm sure there will STILL be some partying going on!

-Mark
Old 12-11-12, 08:35 PM   #236
woody

Don't confuse moonshine daze may 3rd - 5th with the

ZOOKERFEST the week of may 12th - 19th

Last edited by woody; 12-11-12 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-13-12, 02:44 PM   #237
IUbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Moonshine and a 5k....could be fun! Lol. Hopefully I can meet up with yall this year would love to meet you guys, but it all depends on the missions in Nicaragua and school.

Some of you might have read this already. But its interesting.

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/u...ake-14322.aspx
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-12, 08:33 PM   #238
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUbass View Post
Moonshine and a 5k....could be fun! Lol. Hopefully I can meet up with yall this year would love to meet you guys, but it all depends on the missions in Nicaragua and school.

Some of you might have read this already. But its interesting.

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/u...ake-14322.aspx

Thanks for the share, IUbass.

God bless!

-Mark
Old 12-16-12, 11:53 AM   #239
Elnutsmalljaws
BassFishin.Com Member

Does anyone have a bed open in their cabin? I may be able to take Woody up on his invite and come down a couple of nights to fish 3-4 days. I will get Stephen "Smallmouth and Walleye Guru" Headrick to come and give tips on catching both plus will get him to throw in some stuff to give away from his store and Pumisher Lures. If someone has a bed in their cabin, let me know how much my part will be for 3 nights? I will bring my boat and more than welcome a passenger if anyone needs a seat to fish. It would be the first Fri, Sat and Sun nights that I would be down and can have Stephen there Fri night to speak to help all catch more while there.

Dale is one of the prettiest lakes in the country. End of April you can catch Smallies on top water early and late plus on the humps and ledges post spawn. It is also the beginning of the night time Walleye bite casting Husky Jerks and such on long points. Excellent Walleye in Dale plus outstanding Largemouth fishing because they are not targeted like the Smallies. Full Moon, my favorite jig is 3/8 oz Punisher Avacado / Orange Hair jig fished in the deep grass beds. Hope this helps
Elnutsmalljaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 09:04 PM   #240
woody

Hey Elwood, you are welcome to stay with us, in our cabin. I will be arriving Sunday May 12 and staying the entire week. And I'll be checking out on Sunday morning May 18. You are welcome to stay in our cabin on any of those nights you choose.

Our 3 BR cabin#0, rents for $175 per night, and including you, there will be 5 of us to split the cost. $175 per night divided by 5, comes to $35. Everyone will just pay for the nights that they are there. We all can settle up at there too. And I've already paid the deposit.

Thanks for arranging the seminar with Stephen (Smallmouth Guru) Headrick. I think we will all plan on doing some cooking on the grill that evening, something simple like burgers and brats. Elwood, if you would, please let Stephen know that he would be our guest that evening and that he's welcome to come join and eat with us too.

Thanks again,

-Mark
Old 12-16-12, 11:08 PM   #241
nobass

i have cabin 10 so far there is no one staying in my cabin i have me and my son in law. we have one bed left will be there monday thur sunday am. you are more that welcome. 80 a night will spilt nights you stay . you are more than welcome
Old 12-16-12, 11:43 PM   #242
nofearengineer

Woody, please remember the TAX when you split the costs. They absolutely soaked me last year, out of the blue.
Old 12-17-12, 12:01 AM   #243
bassboogieman

sales tax and hotel tax adds about 12%. So Bryce, are you saying Doc & I owe you a few bucks?

Last edited by bassboogieman; 12-17-12 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-17-12, 11:25 AM   #244
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
sales tax and hotel tax adds about 12%. So Bryce, are you saying Doc & I owe you a few bucks?
Oh crap, I didn't mean to open up a can of worms. Please forget I said anything. I just wanted to warn Woody.
Old 12-17-12, 12:49 PM   #245
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Woody, please remember the TAX when you split the costs. They absolutely soaked me last year, out of the blue.
I will... appreciate the warning.

-Mark
Old 12-19-12, 08:07 PM   #246
woody

Default FYI Tennessee Fishing License

It's safe to say that most of us if not all will be fishing in Tennessee waters.

Here's TWRA's Fishing Licenses website:

http://www.tennessee.gov/twra/fishlicense.html

-Mark
Old 12-23-12, 02:37 PM   #247
woody

If anyone still needs a lake chart, I would highly recommend one from Atlantic Mapping.

Here's Atlantic Mapping's link:

http://www.atlanticmapping.com/

I'll let the detail of their lake charts speak for themself.

Old 12-23-12, 04:39 PM   #248
bassboogieman

Just curious, did anyone, last year, fish the small arm north & east of the dam and behind the resort last year? I didn't get in there, but it's on my list of places to check on the return trip. It has the steep drops that I found to be productive for smallies.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 12-24-12 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-23-12, 11:00 PM   #249
nofearengineer

I don't think you're allowed in that arm, Bruce. The ACE has their docks there, and I think there are signs warning you not to come in.
Old 12-24-12, 07:40 AM   #250
bassboogieman

My bad, I meant the 2nd arm to the east. I know that first one right beside the dam on the north is bouyed off - that's probably where ALL the big smallmouth hide...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.