Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-14-06, 11:10 AM   #1
ksdog
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Shimano Citica 200D ?

For those of you that own one....how does it cast compared to other reels ? I want a long distant casting reel.
ksdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-06, 09:08 PM   #2
m cress
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm no pro by any means, but I've owned alot of baitcasters in the last 10 years. IMO there is no "magic" reel that is going to get you noticably longer casts than another. I feel thats it's all about technique, not only in the throwing motion of your rod, but your spool thumbing technique as well. I find I can cast just about the same with a 59.00 reel or a 259.00 reel.
m cress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-06, 09:01 PM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the site both ksdog, and m cress. I agree technique does have a lot to do with it, but I believe the rod will make a bigger difference than the reel. If you are looking for the longest casts, a Med or even a Med Lite rod 7' or longer will actually help load up on the cast(when done properly), and allow you to get more distance. Just my opinion. Hope you both enjoy the site, and have a pair of waders handy, it does get deep in here.

Lizards
Old 06-18-06, 03:24 AM   #4
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome, KS! How far is far for you? This is a critical thing for me since I'm shore or dock bound myself.

Check out the review at Tackle Tour about the Citica and many other reels including the new curado. Just scroll down.

Tackle Tour - Scroll down for the Citica Review

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.