Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 09-09-10, 08:47 AM   #51
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good god that's real tough for me.. I'd love to gt on g-ville and do some mat fishing. But I'd also love to the to wheeler/wilson for some smallies. 3 people would probably come on my part. Me, my bro, and dad. Dunno about Jr. and mom though. I'd have to hitch a rid on one of y'all boats as you know.
Old 09-09-10, 09:43 AM   #52
WTL

Theres plenty of time, and I don't know what lake yall should choose either. G'ville does have bigger largemouth, and if we were just trying to go to the lake with the biggest bags it would be G'ville. They are both above average in difficulty fishing wise, g'ville has so much grass people get lost, and wilson can turn off and on depending on current and heat. Thats kinda why I was thinking split the difference, hit both, minimize risk, but yall just decide when its time.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 01:41 PM   #53
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Might just do that

Might just have a tourn here. As some of you may or may not know I also have a home in Florida so it would not be out of the question making the east coast events. Might as well think about getting out and get some windshield time in.

You never know..... A Vegas event would be fun for those who never Desert fished. Its the same only different.... Ask KVD how much he likes West Coast fishing vs East?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
vegass............there ain't no reason you can't have your own out there pal. i am serious, there are a lot of folks here that live near you. this is NOT jsut a thing for this area of the country. there have been get togethers up north, back east and i hope to see one out west. so start organizing one for your area man. this is what this site is about.
if i won the lottery, i would attend each and every event held. maybe even show up un known and un invited, hahaha. just call you up and say...."I'M HERE!! LET'S FISH!"

and yes i check my ticket every week. hahahaha!!!
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 05:20 PM   #54
bamabassman

not to get on you or nothing vegass...but this is NOT a tourny per say. it is just "gathering" of all us folks here to meet, swap stories,and have fun. we DO have little thing called the bait monkey award that is given away that started at the kentucky event. and the first event i hosted did have some trophies. but no money was given and it was all just in good CLEAN fun. but if the event YOU host.do whatever you want to do my friend. jsut take LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES! hahahaha, we love pictures.

what you are thinking of doing is EXACTLY what i had in mind when i hosted the FORST event. i wanted it to be a FAMILY event, not just a bunch of guys ya know. it is MORE FUN when there is families involved. this could get really big ya know. nationwide and several events during the year. jsut have FUN is what i am saying man. i HATED that last years event at dale hollw fell through, it broke my heart truly. so let's all get going on this ok?

AND WOODY!!! EXPECT A CALL FROM ME PRETTY SOON BUDDY!! OK?
Old 09-10-10, 02:51 PM   #55
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I just want it to be fun and all about family. Just not sure I can put it togther for fall but spring would work. Have a local tourn this weekend I went and prefished a little last night water is cooling off fast here already.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 10:16 PM   #56
bamabassman

GREAT VEGASS!!! that's waht i am talking about my man. plan it for the spring. you'll have more time to gather things up and get it laid out just right.

i went today, water is still around 80-82 degrees. fish ain't biting worth a crap either. got a few dinks and 1 keeper. oh well, had fun out on the water anyway.
Old 09-10-10, 10:24 PM   #57
florida fisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I hope the fishing gets better before the gathering.
Old 09-10-10, 10:25 PM   #58
bamabassman

hahahaha, the get together will be held in may of next year buddy. i think it will be TOTATLY different then.
Old 11-12-10, 04:38 PM   #59
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Is the date set in stone yet? I just counted up my days and if I am on the same schedule, I go out May 17th, 2011.
Old 11-12-10, 05:57 PM   #60
bamabassman

no gary, no date set yet. but the 17th sounds good right now. hahahhahahaa, kidding of ocurse gary. we'll have to have in the front or middle of may i think, we start paving towards the end of may. i am waiting to hear exactly WHEN we start so i can plan accordingly.
Old 11-13-10, 01:42 PM   #61
woody

John, after Kentucky Lake and Dale Hollow, I would be hesitant about making plans for the month of May.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 02:53 PM   #62
bamabassman

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good point mark. I'll have to rethink this won't i?
Old 11-13-10, 03:23 PM   #63
nofearengineer

I guess I'm missing something. What's wrong with May? Weather?
Old 11-13-10, 07:18 PM   #64
bassboogieman

I only see one problem with May - and that's the end of May, i.e. Memorial Day weekend. As for me, I do not travel or fish that weekend, the end of the week prior to or the entire week following the Monday Holiday. Way too much traffic on the interstates and the water is loaded with everything from jet ski to cigarette boats on the big waters. More aggrivation than I care to deal with.
Late May/early June is also is prime time on my local waters. As with any planned get together you won't be able to please everyone, so to those making the plans - set what works for you and the rest of us will have to adjust. I'll be on G'ville March 18 - 26 and hope to talk to, better yet see, some of you "locals" then. I'd also appreciate any suggestions from those experienced with the lake at that time of year as I'll have to reduce my tackle and rod selection because I'll be on the back deck of my friends boat for this trip. I'll be staying at the Chalets in the Park, I hear they are pretty nice.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 07:40 PM   #65
bamabassman

i really haven't given much thought to the exact date as of yet. like i said. we start paving sometime in may i think. going to have to check and see to make sure EXACTLY when. the reason is my boss won't let anyone off during paving season. too early to make those kinds of plans anyway really. i just know that it will be in that AREA of time. might be end of april, early may. somewhere in there. so jsut relax and lets get trhough winter, which hasn't arrived yet,lol.

as for the chalets boogieman.....they are nice. i am thinking of doing what woody had done at dale hollow tough. try to get enough of us to rent big ol lodge type place, one building with seperate rooms for us. sorta like a dorm house, haha. that way we are all more or less together. makes it easier for us to eat and such at the end of the day.

the time you are coming to g'ville is prime spring time bassing boogie. buzz's,traps,spinners, lizzards and worms are deadly that time of year. i'll tell ya more when it gets closer. also look over BOB SMITH'S posts and ask him in a pm. he knows the EXACT spots to go to during that time. there are a few others but ol bob is one of the best my friend.
Old 11-15-10, 10:57 AM   #66
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'm up for may again. I don't think you guys get quite as much rain as Kentucky/Tennessee, and I think that's what Mark was referring to.

End of may would be my preference, so I'll be done with classes. June wouldn't be bad, unless it gets real hot like it was at G-ville the first year, but I'd still rather fish in May. I'll check and see when our finals are next semester.

Did we decide between G-ville and wilson/wheeler?

BB
Old 11-15-10, 07:37 PM   #67
bamabassman

OK.......IT WILL BE AT WHEELER/WILSON. now that i have decided WHERE, jsut gotta work out WHEN EXACTLY. and then come jan i will take a poll on how many are able to attend and see about a lodge for all of us to get together. how's that?
Old 11-16-10, 06:01 PM   #68
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

My finals are the first week of May, so any time after that is good! I'm excited already. Now to find me a couple more rods before then!

BB
Old 11-16-10, 06:25 PM   #69
bassboogieman

Oh crap, another lake with a huge reputation that I haven't fished. TEMPTATION is pretty darn strong and unfortunately it fits in my schedule. I have a BBC Rally on the Potomac in April and another on the Northeast (upper Chesapeake) in June............ crap, May is still open. This sounds like an evil plot to put another couple thousand miles on my truck odometer. I was thinking about Lake Erie in May, but I think I can move it farther back in my schedule. Guess I need to start looking for a partner and travel companion to split up the driving.
Old 11-16-10, 08:48 PM   #70
bamabassman

boogie....consider may closed ok? hahaha. you have to attend, it is mandatory, hahahaha. sois oyur better half, married or girlfriend or whatever she gots to come along. there will be things for the ladies to do that don't fish. relaxing by a pool is one thing i think the ladies would like. mine will be fishing most of the time i think, well as long as she can stand the sunlight. she can't stay out as long now since her transplant but she hangs in there long enough so we don't go hungry. hahaha. now i still haven't se tthe EXACT date, but i am thinking middle of may. give me ya'lls thoughts. 2nd or 3rd week sound good?
Old 11-17-10, 12:26 AM   #71
bassboogieman

Wheeler is penciled in for May, you twisted my arm so bad it's a good thing I don't have to do any casting now for a few months. My wife doesn't fish, doesn't really like being on the boat so I mentioned it to my semi-regular fishing partner and he's gung ho at the moment, we'll be fishing G'ville together in March. And it's my turn in May to be the boater - bonus for me. This sounds like a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to this, Good Lord Willing and gas prices don't hit $4.50 a gallon. As the time gets closer - anyone between PA and AL along our route want to meet up for the trip down, let me know so we can caravan. Date doesn't matter to us as long as we are NOT traveling Memorial Day weekend, that I don't do. My buddy is a custom plastic bait maker, so I will definitely hit him up for some sample gift packs for all participants. I'm also making chatterbaits, so I can make some for give aways. Good luck Bama, hope this comes off easily and you get a good group!!! Guess the next thing I need to look for is a SOUTHERN NAVIONICS CHIP. HA!!
Old 11-17-10, 08:39 PM   #72
bamabassman

BOOGIEMAN.......there is more to do than jsut fish partner!! please bring oyur wife as well as oyur fishing partner and HIS wife! there are things the ladies can do without getting on the water. i promise!! I WANT THIS TO BECOME A FAMILY EVENT, not just a bunch of guys ok? we had 3 wives show up at kentucky lake event. if there are more wives, kids it would REALLY become something. if they insist they don't want to attend ok. i am jsut trying to make this a family thing.

looking forward to meeting oyu and your partner now. so you can't back out now. you are offically on the list. and i twon't be on memorial day weekend. i got plans for that time as well. adn the baits will be very USEFULL TOO! i will be dreaming up some things for those for sure. any help would be greatfully appreciated! we can make this event bigger and better each time gang! lets get our thinking caps on ok? come up with all kinds of ides. i am gonna TRY to see if i can get a pro guide ot give us a little pep talk on hw to fish the lake if i can. sound good? woody had this lined up for dale hollow and i love the idea.
Old 11-18-10, 09:34 PM   #73
bassboogieman

WAKE UP!! Well while the rest of you are napping, getting ready for Thanksgiving next week or starting you Christmas shopping and neglecting the forums, I've been busy. I found decent deals on lake charts so I ordered G'ville, Wilson and Wheeler - got to get studying and stay ahead of NFE. Also snagged a Navionics Southern Region Premium SD card for my GPS. That fancy (yeah, I'm jealous) Hummer side scan is useless if you can't navigate around the lake Bryce. LOL.
Old 11-20-10, 08:12 AM   #74
Doc Irv
BassFishin.Com Member

Hello, guys, it is nice to ne here and visit with you. I would like to thank Bassboogieman for volunteering me to provide sample soft plastics for all participants. I will gladly do it if you guys can give me some idea of what soft plastic to make and what color is best..... I know my wife cannot and will not go to this..... someone in this family has to work to support my habit
Old 11-20-10, 06:21 PM   #75
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
WAKE UP!! Well while the rest of you are napping, getting ready for Thanksgiving next week or starting you Christmas shopping and neglecting the forums, I've been busy. I found decent deals on lake charts so I ordered G'ville, Wilson and Wheeler - got to get studying and stay ahead of NFE. Also snagged a Navionics Southern Region Premium SD card for my GPS. That fancy (yeah, I'm jealous) Hummer side scan is useless if you can't navigate around the lake Bryce. LOL.
LOL....I don't think it takes much to stay ahead of me. Shamefully, I tend to think about and talk about fish more than catch them. However, you raise a good point...I'll have to get a Navi card too!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.