Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-11-11, 10:51 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Exclamation Wheeler/wilson signees only please

ok, this thread os for those of you htat have MADE reservations only please. i want to know WHO is already on board.
no one else PLEASE. we need ot know who oyu are, how many days oyu will be there and WHEN you will be there (starting date and leaving date).

i will check in on MAY 18TH and stay till MAY 22
that is wednesday night through sunday morning.
i have a 1 bedroom cabin fo rme and the BASS CATCHER MRS. BAMABASSMAN

now everyone else who has MADE their reserverations already sign in please.. and tell how many will be in oyur party. when you will arrive and when you will leave.

THANKS GANG.

and please no other comments please, again thanks gang.
Old 01-12-11, 12:34 AM   #2
nofearengineer

I have booked a 1 bedroom cabin. I will be checking in on 5/15 and leaving 5/22. As of now, I am not sure who will be coming with me, so there will almost surely be some room in my cabin for site members.
Old 01-12-11, 12:53 AM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've got the two bedroom cabin booked 5/15 - 5/22. Two in the cabin so far, and we'll be able to accomadate 1 or 2 more if needed.

***Note here guys - ONLY 5 "RESERVATIONS" (5 cabins) need be made (and 3 are already made). What we want is the days you will be there. After the 5 cabins are "reserved" we'd like to get you in a cabin already reserved for days compatible with your dates. I.E. - the 3 bedroom is available, and if a group of guys want to go in on it, only one person has to make the actual reservation, we can add additional people as they post the days they'll be there. What I'm trying to avoid is something like NFE's current reservation - he has it ALONE at this point, but additional guys can stay there, but if they are only staying 2 or 3 days, he's then on the hook to pick up the other days by himself. I'd like to keep the occupancy rate at the least cost, so-to-speak. As it stands now only TWO "reservations" remain: a 1 BR and the 3 BR. Anyone contemplating comming for the entire week, should think about contacting Bryce (No Fear Engineer) or myself (Bruce) as we already have space for the week, no actual reservation will be needed at the park - you'll be committed to us as part of OUR reservation. We can be a bit flexible, and as an example: I've aready talked to Bryce and if we run in to too many confilcts with dates vs space - he COULD (his choice) move to my cabin as we are staying the same number of days, and that would free his "reservation" for other guys that may want only 4 or 5 days buy can't find a matching stay at one of the cabins already reserved. The IMPORTANT THING is to let us know how many days you'll be there, and how many in your "party" so we can match you up with a cabin. So post here what days you'll be there, if you reserved one of the remaining cabins or want to join one already reserved. THANKS for your cooperation.

The list looks like this as of 1/11/11

Cabin #1 (1 BR) - John (bamabassman) & wife - May 18, 19, 21, 22. Additional beds available ZERO
Cabin #2 (1 BR) - Bryce (NO Fear Engineer) May 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Additional beds available TWO & Sofa
Cabin #3 (1 BR) - NOT RESERVED, Beds available THREE & sofa
Cabin #4 (2 BR) - Bruce (bassboogieman) & Doc Irv. May 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21. Additional beds available ONE & Sofa.
Cabin #5 (3 BR) - NOT RESERVED, Beds avaialbe 5 & Sofa
***COTS can be added as MAXIUM CAPACITY of each cabin is number of beds + 2. Example 1 & 2 BR cabin has 4 beds (3 + sofa) + 2 = MAX 6
3 BR has 6 beds + 2 = MAX 8. So we do have room for up to 24 in the cabins we have available to us.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-12-11 at 01:51 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 01:33 PM   #4
WTL

I have not yet made reservations because I would like to room with someone if possible.

At minimum, I will be staying 18, 19, 20, 21 - and perhaps earlier depending on when they give my last exam, which they don't even know yet. There is a pretty good chance it will be earlier.

Is there any additional info yall need?
Old 01-12-11, 01:44 PM   #5
bamabassman

that is fine billy. jsut call up someone who is signed in pal. when you know for sure when oyu will be there.
Old 01-15-11, 04:46 PM   #6
bassboogieman

nobass is in May 19 - 21 (Thurs - Sun), and will need a spot in one of the cabins. Waiting to hear from some others to start matching people up with available space.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-15-11 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-15-11, 05:36 PM   #7
nofearengineer

WTL is a "whole weeker", so I already invited him to stay with me. This is why I am trying to get people to post what days they plan on staying, so we can get them situated.
Old 01-15-11, 05:37 PM   #8
WTL

I think I am rooming with Bryce. Unless I need to take the big cabin, I can move around, just whatever is most cost effective for everyone.
Old 01-15-11, 05:49 PM   #9
bamabassman

let's not get too worried aobut who is gonna room with whom yet. i do believe we are gonna be able to get EVERYONE who wants in a place to sleep. mrs. dickerson and krystle are in a cabin and told me today they have NO PROBLEM with anyone sleeping in teir cabin. they will shut the door and whoever it is can do as they please. lol. ya'll gotta remember, mrs. dickerson raised 7 kids (i think, maybe it is more) and has taken care of MANY fishermen, as well as hunters for ol ZOOKER. but we can get this worked out gang. and we will.
IF daniel and louann are coming, lisa and i will share a place with them. so that would make our cabin empty. cool? that will help out what, 4 or 5 people? i think it'll even hold 6 right?
doesn't matter, we'll work it all aoout.
only thing i say is whoever splits a room, share the cost accordinly. let's make sure we do that ok?
Old 01-15-11, 06:14 PM   #10
bassboogieman

No problem, I went with the post by Billy above that he was planning on 18 - 21.
Iffin' ya don't update the post, how's we sposed to know?
It'll all work out I'm sure.
Old 01-17-11, 07:53 AM   #11
bassboogieman

The list looks like this as of 1/17/11

Cabin #1 (1 BR) - John (bamabassman) & Lisa, Wed - Sun (4 nights = May 18 -21). Additional beds available ZERO
Cabin #2 (1 BR) - Bryce (NO Fear Engineer) & Billy (WTL), Sun - Sun (7 nights = May 15 - 21) Additional beds available ONE & Sofa
Cabin #3 (1 BR) - Mrs. Dickerson & Krystal, Thurs - Sun (3 nights = May 19 -21) Additional beds available = TWO & sofa
Cabin #4 (2 BR) - Bruce (bassboogieman), Doc Irv, Sun - Sun (7 nights May 15 - 21) + Keith (keithdog) for 4 nights (May 18 - 21)
Additional beds available = Sofa.
Cabin #5 (3 BR) - NOT RESERVED, Beds avaialbe 5 & Sofa

***COTS ($10/night) can be added as MAXIUM CAPACITY of each cabin is number of beds + 2. Example 1 & 2 BR cabin has 4 beds (3 + sofa) + 2 = MAX 6. 3 BR has 6 beds + 2 = MAX 8. So we do have room for up to 24 in the cabins we have available to us.

Not assigned cabin: no bass May 19, 20 & 21

**Cabins in bold type are at normal capacity and should be considered full, unless we need to add people on the sofas. Thanks.

If anyone else has made a reservation or arranged to share an already booked cabin - please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-17-11 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-17-11, 09:41 AM   #12
bamabassman

looks great so far boogie but you forgot MRS.DICKERSON AND ZOOKERS SISTER KRYSTLE. they rented a cabin as well. don't know which one but they said they have room for others. i'll look again and find out for sure ok? or i'll call.

ok, just checked what mrs dickerson rented. the have 2 twin beds and a couch available. if need be, they can be moved if some guys don't want to share with them i suppose. there is a door to their room, so the guys woldn't feel uncomfortable. remember now, they are used to ZOKER bringing over lots of guys for fishing trips and so forth. don't be shy fellas,lol.

Last edited by bamabassman; 01-17-11 at 10:36 AM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:32 PM   #13
bamabassman

leeme check again boogie. sorry i forgot man. be right back.

jsut checked and they didn't say, sent an email and should find out soon. i will post when i find out.

ok, ZOOKERS MOM AND SISTER will arrive thrusday morning and stay till sunday morning. their cabin has 3 beds extra and a couch i think.

Last edited by bamabassman; 01-17-11 at 03:02 PM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 07:13 PM   #14
Gbassman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Rsvp

im coming saturday if i can fish with someone, since i dont own a boat yet.
Old 01-20-11, 06:45 PM   #15
bassboogieman

The list looks like this as of 1/20/11 after we have swapped some of the cabins around
Cabins in BOLD type are deemed full by the holder of the reservation.

Cabin #1 (1 BR) - John (bamabassman) & wife - May 18, 19, 22.
Cabin #2 (1 BR) - Mrs Dickerson & Crystal
Cabin #3 (1 BR) - Anthony (Bigbass144) & father & Daniel* (Mississippiboy) - May 18, 19, 20 & 21
*Daniel is probable - his wife may attend which would require other arrangements.
Cabin #4 (2 BR) - Not Reserved, Beds available three & sofa.
Cabin #5 (3 BR) - Bruce (bassboogieman) Doc Irv, Bryce (NFE) May 15, 16, 17,
18, 19, 20, 21. Billy (WTL)* and Keith (keithdog) May 18, 19, 20, 21.
*WTL may add additonal nights, to be determined.

Pending cabin space - "nobass" - staying 4 nights, arrangements pending.

We are nearing full occupancy, barring any other pending options offered, we have room for two more persons.
UNLESS Daniel's wife accompanies him, which will require more private accomadations. Two more guys and we can fill the 2 BR unit. After that we most likely will need additional cabins. IN THAT EVENT - I would like those individuals to reserve their own cabin. Posting here that they have one reserved and either are full or looking to share. Pairings can be arranged by those individuals involved. Those not in "possession" of an officail reservation ID number, from our block of 5 cabins will get notification from me, for the process of taking over one of the rooms I have from the original booking. I'm holding off on doing that until other options currently under discussion are resolved. Thank you all for you patience and cooperation.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-20-11 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-23-11, 06:23 PM   #16
bassboogieman

LATEST & GREATEST, guys & gals.

The list looks like this as of 1/22/11 after we have swapped some of the cabins around
Cabins in BOLD type are deemed full by the holder of the reservation.

Cabin #1 (1 BR) -
Cabin #2 (1 BR) - "nobass" May 18, 19, 20 & 21 TWO BEDS AVAILABLE
Cabin #3 (1 BR) - Anthony (Bigbass144) & father & Daniel* (Mississippiboy) - May 18, 19, 20 & 21
*Daniel is probable - his wife may attend which would require other arrangements.
Cabin #4 (2 BR) - John & Lisa May 18, 19, 20 & 21 and Mrs. Dickerson & Krystal May 19, 20 & 21
Cabin #5 (3 BR) - Bruce (bassboogieman) Doc Irv, Bryce (NFE) May 15, 16, 17,
18, 19, 20, 21. Billy (WTL)* and Keith (keithdog) May 18, 19, 20, 21.
*WTL may add additonal nights, to be determined.

Looking better with the sharing resulting in reduced cost for everyone involved. We have space for 5 additional, unless Daniel's wife comes with him. I have Cabin #1 vacant at the moment, should that happen. Two beds are available in Cabin #2 which at the moment is a 4 day reservation (which can be extended until we finalize things)
Old 01-23-11, 09:58 PM   #17
bamabassman

sounds great boogie. WE NEED SOME MORE FOLKS NOW!!!! come on gang......the MORE THE MERRIER!!!!
Old 01-27-11, 07:28 PM   #18
MississippiBoy

Just to clear this up, I am coming, but the wife is not. I haven't 100% decided on whether I'll drive up after work on Thursday, or wait till Friday morning. So for sure, I'll be there the nights of the 20th and the 21st, with the 19th being a possibility. If I do come on Thursday, I'll be pretty late getting in, probably midnight or later.
Old 01-27-11, 09:12 PM   #19
bassboogieman

Then you're in with Anthony and his dad Daniel. That works and leaves an entire cabin open allowing us to add the most people. I'll update you as definite on the next "official, latest and greatest.
Old 01-27-11, 09:44 PM   #20
bamabassman

ok daniel....that is fantastic!

booieman, ot a question for ya pal. let's say no one else can attend. lisa and i will take the cabin we originally sign up for, cool?
anotehr question, there are different rates for the cabins. have you (i know you already have, but need to ask anyway) figured out the amount each person is owed? because the 1 bdrm cabin is one rate, the 2 bedroom is a little higher and so on and so forth. it isn't a problem, just want everyone to know and devide the owed amount evenly for each cabin. the ones renting the larger cabins will have a larger amount to pay, but it will be very low anyway, and the ones renting the smaller will pay more because of their status.

does this make any sense? i hope you understand what i am talking about. if not give me a call tomorrow after 4 pm central.

i jsut don't want anyone having to OVERPAY or underpay. cool?
Old 01-27-11, 11:50 PM   #21
bassboogieman

Prices are from the Joe Wheeler State Park web site. All our cabins are brick
1 BR = 4 person max capicity 2 BR = 6 person max 3 BR = 8 person max.

Cabin Sunday - Thursday (1st price) Friday & Saturday (2nd price)

•4 Capacity Brick Cabin - $75 (1 Bedroom) $80
•6 Capacity Brick Cabin - $85 (2 Bedroom) $90
•8 Capacity Brick Cabin - $95 (3 Bedroom) $100

Everyone can see who's sharing at this point and the price per night of the cabin. 8% tax needs to be added. I am expecting those sharing a cabin will split equally the per night cost among those cabin mates there that night.

As far as switching back to a single BR cabin, if that's what you want to do John and does not adversly affect Mrs. Dickerson you can have them back if we don't get anymore reservations. It will be more expensive for you, but if that's what you want so be it. If we get more (depending upon the number) we can put 3 - 5 people in the 2 BR with no problems. Basically it depends on additional people comming it. We can always add "nobass" in another cabin rather than put him in one alone and have to pay for it himself, not quite a fair shake.

The only two cabins that are reserved and the contract is cut in stone is the 3 BR unit I have and the 1 BR Anthony has. The others can be switched as the number of people and those that require "special" accomadations require. I don't intend to really FINALIZE the cabin reservations until the end of March. At that time, I'll call the Park, and adjust the reservation contracts accordingly, and send out the contract to the cabin holder. When you get the contract with your reservation number, I think you'll have to call the Park and get it reserved under YOUR credit card and get it off of mine. Any cabins not occupied, I'll cancel and get them out of my name. Anyone that wishes to attend after I get the FINAL reservations set, will have to make their own arrangements with the Park - unless we can put them in a cabin that may have additional space.

That's my plan. I think the minimum number of additonal guys needed to use all the cabins available is 2. "NOBASS" +2 up to 4, we can get them in the 2 BR cabin and John & Lisa and Mrs. Dickerson can go back to the 1 BR cabins if that's what they want. More than 2 additional players then we may need both the 1 BR cabins for them, and keep the 2 BR unit reserved as it is presently. For now we need to be in a holding pattern until we know if we will get any additional people comming requiring a place to stay by the end of March. End of March, I close the reservations on the original block of 5 cabins under my name.

As far as keeping expenses as equitalbe as possible - it's why I have tried to match the majority of individuals (if not all) in cabins based on how many nights they are staying. Maximum occupancy for similiar nights results in the least expense per person. And I'm basing "maximum occupancy" at this time on the number of BEDS in each unit. The exception is "nobass" who is orbiting, awaiting cabin mates or joining an already booked cabin - again depending upon additional people comming onboard.

Before you hold me to figures, I ran these real quickly, but I think I'm withing a dollar or two on all my figures..................
Based on your premise John, if you take a 1 BR by yourself it's $75/night Wed & Thurs. and $80/night Fri & Sat. Total w/tax = 334.80. Dickerson party is staying one less night so a 1 BR costs them 253.80. Staying in the 2 BR saves each "couple". John has Wed night alone, Thrus - Sat shared - total cost to John $230.70 (savings = 104.10). The Dickerson's 142.10 (savings = 111.70) That's the difference in sharing the 2 BR vs each having your own 1 BR cabin.

Again, I think for now and until the end of March, we should remain in a holding pattern regarding the 2 BR cabin, unless there is some pain involved I'm not privy too. If anyone knows of others that may be interested in joining in, they should decide soon and lets us know.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-28-11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-28-11, 01:24 AM   #22
bassboogieman

Figures based on posted per night costs posted on Joe Wheeler State Park website.
***The price quoted on the contracts is slightly LESS, I don't know why, there may be a discount applied for the group I don't know but will find out. I've used the posted price from the website as a base line for everyone's cost based upon their indicated number of nights they will be in a cabin.

Cabin #3
Anthony, Dad, and Daniel. All stayng 4 nights Wed - Sat.
All rates include 8% tax - Wed $81.00, Thurs $81.00, Fri $86.40, Sat $86.40.
Total $344.80 split among 3 people.
Cost per person = $114.94
This one was easy - 3 people same number of nights.

Cabin #5
Bruce, Irv, & Bryce staying 7 nights Sun - Sat. Keith & Billy staying 4 nights Wed - Sat
All rates include 8% tax. Sun - Thurs @ 102.60/night, Fri & Sat @ $108.00/night.
Total = $729.00 (each night's rate divided by the number of occupants that night)
Bruce - $186.84 (7 nights)
Irv - $186.84 (7 nights)
Bryce $186.84 (7 nights)
Keith - $84.24 (4 nights)
Billy - $84.24 (4 nights)

John & Lisa - 1 BR cabin 4 nights Wed - Sat.
All rates include 8% tax - Wed $81.00, Thurs $81.00, Fri $86.40, Sat $86.40
Total - $344.80
2 BR cabin 4 nights (shared 3 nights)
All rates include 8% tax -Wed $91.80, Thur $45.90, Fri $48.60, Sat 48.60
Total - $234.90 (Thurs - Sat rate reflects 1/2 the nightly fee for shared nights)
**Initially this looks like John is paying more than everyone else - John's price is FOR TWO the others are per person.

Mrs Dickerson & Krystal - cabin rates same as John & Lisa for 1 BR & sharing 2 BR
1 BR cabin 3 nights Thur- Sat = $253.80 (includes 8% tax)
2 BR cabin shared 3 nights = $143.10 (includes 8% tax)
**Same notation as for John above, price is FOR TWO the others are per person

That's the breakdown - based upon everyone's declared number of nights they plan to be there, the posted per night cost of the cabins and the 8% tax. This is the base line, as I said the actual cost my be slightly LOWER, as the total price on contracts I have in hand are slightly different than the posted prices on the website. I won't be spending the time to redo all this should the accomadations change. This is it.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 01-28-11 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-28-11, 12:08 PM   #23
WTL

Thankyou boogie for the ongoing tally.

You can't beat the savings gained from many roomates. $84 for 4 nights at wheeler dam? Why camp?
Old 01-28-11, 07:46 PM   #24
bamabassman

THANK YOU BOOGIEMAN!!! but i think i am confused, lol, yes still. but at any rate i KNOW that things will turn out just fine. we'll talk again before it is all finalized i am sure.
the reason that lisa and i would want a cabin to ourselves is NOT because we don't wanna share, it is because this is our "vacation" so to speak for the year. if oyu understand. BUT we have NO PROBLEM sharing with momma dickerson and krystle. we will get one night to ourselves anyway. i have already paid with our credit card for the 1 bedroom. jsut wondered how we were gonna get the tally right when we all get there. i ain't saying what i want to say in the correct way i know. but i am SURE you have ALL this under control and i am confident and trust you completly. please believe me when i say that.
so i'll wait and HOPEFULLY we can get MORE folks to join us.

IT'S GONNA BE A BLAST GANG!!! COME ON DOWN,UP,OVER AND JOIN US!!!!
Old 02-06-11, 02:48 PM   #25
bamabassman

just a little bump for some of you who are thining about making the event. 4 weeks are gonna fly by gang. get to making plans ok?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.