Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 06-26-12, 10:54 PM   #1
et79frontrunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1979 evinrude 150 hp

the buzzer goes off when i plane it off and its not getting hot and it is pumping water so i dont no if it is a short or what any suggestions to try, and i have ran it long enough that if something where wrong it would have already blew up i just want that damn horn to shut the bleep up.
et79frontrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 08:42 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Weak sensor,replace,follow the noise to source.Annoying I know,had one that wouldnt idle thru any no wake zone,yet had plenty of water and wasnt hot.
Had a marina check it out they came back with weak sensor asked did you replace it -no duh, one can disconnect it but then would have no warning horn.
Once many of the older ones sound off unless key is turned off then back on will continue to do so.
A 1977 I have on hand acts like its on a timer will actually shut down the engine after a time,yet not hot,but only does it if raised to high and not enough water pressure,even when relowered(had it on a hydraulic jack plate) and getting enough wont shut that alarm off once its tripped,again key off then restart its reset.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 01:36 PM   #3
et79frontrunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Weak sensor,replace,follow the noise to source.Annoying I know,had one that wouldnt idle thru any no wake zone,yet had plenty of water and wasnt hot.
Had a marina check it out they came back with weak sensor asked did you replace it -no duh, one can disconnect it but then would have no warning horn.
Once many of the older ones sound off unless key is turned off then back on will continue to do so.
A 1977 I have on hand acts like its on a timer will actually shut down the engine after a time,yet not hot,but only does it if raised to high and not enough water pressure,even when relowered(had it on a hydraulic jack plate) and getting enough wont shut that alarm off once its tripped,again key off then restart its reset.
Man the sound is in the gearbox.
et79frontrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 02:33 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Gearbox meaning control box at console ,wiring goes to sensors on the motor and back making a circuit to the warning horn .Later years have more alarms and even more places.
Sensor or sensors are on the motor,only the result noise is in the control box.
Take it to a marine mechanic.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.