Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 06-27-12, 04:57 PM   #1
junyaah
BassFishin.Com Member

Default pvs plugs on mercury prop

I m havin a little trouble planing out in my nitro z6 and read to remove a pvs plug from my laserII 22p prop. problem is i dont know how..is it a plug that just pops out? or is there a tool i need?
junyaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 07:48 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Take the prop off and push them out from behind,if real tight use a heat gun to loosen their grip.You can also switch with one thats like a 1/2 hole.meaning they make many sizes to tweak.
Your 115 opti is about maxed with a 22 p and 1300 lb hull weight,with more than one person it would be normal to take a ways to plane it out,whale tail,and less pitch for when running a load.90=hp -19-20 p.115- 20-21,if it could take a 150 and it cant 23.24,for running with a load more than one person.4 blade is tad slower but gets one up quicker than a 3.
The lighter the load and the faster one desires the higher pitch,a 115 can pop up with a 24 p just not with any load attached such as full livewells and passengers,or becomes the 100 yard dash,so we prop them for their usage.Pulling skiers even lower than stated.
For a 17 ft 4 in boat its got some weight

Last edited by lilmule; 06-28-12 at 08:10 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 10:00 AM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I don't know that removing "a" (as is one of the three) plug is the proper way to do it. Mercury props that utilize the system system, do so to adjust the exhaust pressure. Removal of just one plug may unbalance the exhaust pressure. The plugs come in three sizes to allow the tuning of the exhaust pressure to suit your particular boat, assuming you have the proper pitch prop for your boat and load. I also think all the plugs can be removed and run with the holes unblocked, but removal of one or two would not be preferred. The attached link can explain it better. http://www.mercurymarine.com/media/m.../props/PVS.pdf
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-12, 06:23 PM   #4
Brudd
BassFishin.Com Member

This guy has the same problem

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fis...php?board=19.0

Why don't you ask him how he fixed it?
Brudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.