Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-29-12, 10:05 PM   #1
hunteram
BassFishin.Com Member

Default older ranger

New to forum but wondering for any input. Getting ready to buy 1988 ranger 375v.
150 mercury boat in awesome shape for it age , friends with seller fished off boat 3 times with him runs pretty well anyway only thing I really don't care for it's sort of a old fish n ski two seats in front of consoles making front deck smaller than I would like my question is is 4500 too much to pay and is there any good ways of fixing the deck and if there's any good or bad feed back on this model thanks
Hunteram
hunteram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 11:05 PM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Having owned a 373v,yes it is a fish and ski model nice bench seat up front,virtually unsinkable yet in rough water bouncy ride with hull slap and slow as can be but safe.
Sold my 19 1.2 ft 85 for 2500 2 years ago with a 150 fast strike,motor high hrs boat was decent no seat tears,so much depends upon the condition of the boat and motor,that older style hull isnt in as much demand nowdays,yet its a good strong boat also bit heavy.
In many ways that fish and ski resembles most dual console bass boats.
Id try to get him down a tad if it were me,again much depends upon condition of boat and motor,using it on most lakes and rivers such as the ohio it will do fine,but not on the great lakes or ky lake,etc.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 11:24 PM   #3
hunteram
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks lilmule
It had lower unit rebuilt in 04 because it was hit it has 74#,Minn trolling and I weigh 220
And guy selling weighs 300 and it ran 62 with us per GPS its been garage kept and ranger cover
It shows some wear mainly around console seats but no tears but thanks for feed back its gonna
Be my first boat and I'm nervous but I don't have money to do a whole lot more up grading on boats
Old 06-30-12, 11:04 AM   #4
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hi, and welcome.
I have an '87 373V with a 200 Evinrude. I spent this last off-season rewiring it and the new front deck, back to the consoles, is this next winter project. Right now, I'm fishing. The nice thing about the boat is that it's not too big. Just under 18' is perfect for me and anyone else to fish comfortably. It's big enough to handle most any lake or river yet small enough to tow with a six cylinder vehicle. Bigger is not necessarily better. My speed will get up to around 68 to 70 mph if the conditions are right but I seldom run that hard. I don't tournament fish and there's no paycheck so speed isn't a big issue for me. Rangers aren't known for their speed but no one will question their quality.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 11:36 AM   #5
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Go to Ranger.com and list your ride,they will send you a free owners manual.
It does have two circuit breakers for the troller motor hard to find back right hand side just to the right of the outboard motor,just under the lid.
Providing its sound its a hard boat to beat for being a first one.My 19 1/2 ft ran 59 gps with a 150 faststrike,weighed a tad more as well as longer.
When you launch and load you do all(dont be unfriendly but dont accept help) plug in plug out strapping etc,and you will eventually launch without the plug,rangers will float low but wont sink,so just load back up and do it again,after draining.If you accept help something wont be done almost every time.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 05:40 PM   #6
hunteram
BassFishin.Com Member

Thank everyone for input I'm feeling a little better about purchase it makes you nervous buying something with that much age when your not sure about boats in first place
Anyway thank everyone for input keep them comingeven negative comments are very useful keep them coming
Old 07-01-12, 11:22 AM   #7
hunteram
BassFishin.Com Member

The one thing I do think I'm going to try is to put a removable deck that goes over the seats in front of consoles and fills in the walk way going towards front deck.
The reason I won't make it permanent is I have a five year old girl and I like the fact that she'll be a little lower the way it is now any suggestions on what to use for materials to make it light enough for easy removal but sturdy enough to hold anyone

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.