Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 06-29-12, 05:12 PM   #1
Thinksnow
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Ranger for me

I bought a 1996 Ranger 681C with a Suzuki DT85. It's been sitting at the marina for quite a while. While it was there someone stole the prop so I need to order a new one. I'll probably go with an SS. Does anyone have this model or similar size and weight that can make a prop brand and pitch recommendation?
Thanks
Thinksnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-12, 06:17 PM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

17-19P depending upon what one desires-13 spline isnt it?
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 11:39 AM   #3
Thinksnow
BassFishin.Com Member

Yea, it is a 13 spline. I priced out a 13 1/4" 18 pitch, after tax it gong to run me about $350
Thinksnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 02:22 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You might want to consider a cheaper route like the 17 p alum quicksilver black diamond for 115 bucks plus a 40 dollar hub insert,after which if you desire something better like ss are not limited to brand any brand as long as it uses that specific hub.If you bang something its a loss but no damage other than prop generally,then as you get used to the rig upgrade and keep that as a spare.It wont be doing much if over 50 anyway,so a performance loss of say 1 =1.5 mph to learn with is acceptable and can then use other props again they must use same type of hub like props not so interchangeable,yet much larger selection.
I happen to have a beat up 19 p ss 13 spline but for an omc havnt a clue if it would work,splines may be farther back on uki?

Last edited by lilmule; 07-01-12 at 02:30 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.