Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 07-26-12, 11:23 PM   #1
fishingqueen
BassFishin.Com Member

Default stern light wiring

Could someone please tell me in simple terms how to wire a stern light to a battery? My receptor for the stern light has 2 BLACK wires. I am wiring the nav. lights seperately and on a diff. battery. They work fine. I want to put the stern light on another battery in the back of the boat. All the topics are about wiring them w/ nav. lights. but I want to set up the stern seperate. Thanks
fishingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 09:09 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Both black? Either it doesn't matter or one may have a color stripe and that would be the positive. Otherwise, hook one wire to positive the other to negative - it that doesn't work, switch them.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 06:47 PM   #3
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

doesn't make a differance it's dc voltage hook one to pos and other to neg just make sure you fuse it on hot side. i am guessing you know its 12 volts and not 24. if wire is not long enough to reach its would not be a bad idea to run red and black wires to light red for pos blk for neg

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.