Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-03-12, 07:24 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default in need of some help finding some seats gang

as ya'll know my rig got hit by lightening. well the check is on it's way for THOSE repairs. so i got that part covered.

but i need ot get my seats COVERED...literlly.lol.

ihave gotten a price form a reapir shop to re-do my seats exactly the same way the factory had em.

BUT...i also have been combing the internet for alternatives to this job. i sent daniel some pics of the seat in question. this is a bench (almost) all the way across the area and it has a "step" molded into the platform the cushions are attached to. it is made of plywood ,which i HATE WITH A PASSION, and the cushions are SCREWED on the plywood. EVERYTHING is rotten. so it all has to be replaced.

now, i got a brain fart of sorts. if daniel will post the pic of the "step" you will understand what i am talking about doing. i want to cut this step out, trim it up, flip it over and REGLASS it back in the hole left. THEN buy either a full top and bottom seat (bench style) or go with 2 seats and a 3rd seat that flips down and has a cooler or something on the back of the seat. understand waht i am talking aobut folks?

now from what i have seen on the internet...this is WAAYYYYY outta my league on cost. the CHEAPEST i have found for a 3 seat combo like i described is somewhere in the neighborhod of $650.00 plus shipping. i can get the original seat redone for $425.00

anyone have a better suggestion or something? both prices are too high for me right now.

i await my brethern to help me out here. and no i don't want to get no wally world seats gang. sorry.i ma have to for now but want to avoid that if i can. maybe sepnd $300.00.
Old 08-03-12, 09:18 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

BPS sells Tempress seats in a set of 3 under $500 and you may find them cheaper. Tempress isn't a bad seat. Recovering old seats can run you almost as much as new, so that may be a difficult choice as will selecting a style. You could save a little by only instally two seats (buckets would be NICE, but more pricey) and building your own small storage compartment between them - added storage is always a plus - and if you need third person seating put your throwable cushion on top of your center box (just don't built it too high). I haven't had my middle seat in my Triton for several years, just didn't have a need for it and didn't like guys stepping on it. I do the cushion thing if I need to seat a 3rd person.

Your other option would be to visit your local junk, er I mean salvage yard and get a back seat out of a 72 Chevelle, I think that is an exact match on width.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 11:57 PM   #3
bamabassman

yeah bruce i seen those and they're out of my price range. now the old car seats.......lol.

but guess what? i said i had ot sign off of facebook earlier today cause i needed to look for some seats and an old high school buddy said his wife redoes seats. we talked about it. sent him some pics of what i have. and we worked out a deal.

so my seat problem is resolved!! awesum and i can't wait. but it'll be about 3-4 weeks till they are done. and after they are done, she'll look just like when the factory did it. and at a price i can afford! nothing like friends helping you out.

so nevermind gang. i got my seat problem fixed.

and daniel, if oyu still have your old seats. i bet i can get yours done too. we'll talk ok?
Old 08-04-12, 06:50 AM   #4
bassboogieman

Oh, well in that case - I was going to let you use my BPS card to buy them but as you don't need them anymore, I guess I'll let someone else use it..................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 07:27 AM   #5
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Oh, well in that case - I was going to let you use my BPS card to buy them but as you don't need them anymore, I guess I'll let someone else use it..................
I got my hand up first Bruce!
Old 08-04-12, 11:03 AM   #6
bamabassman

hahahaha, bruce...i would STILL like to get me a new I-pilot trolling motor. got enough for a 36 volt one? i can repay you $1.00 a month with no interest.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.