Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-28-06, 03:35 AM   #1
RAM
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up Roboworm Rebarb Hooks

Roboworm Rebarb Hooks

Roboworm quietly introduced the rebarb hook about a year ago. Before you dismiss it as just another straight shank worm hook, let me explain how it works... This hook is meant primarily for drop shotting with your typical straight tail worm. When you rig the worm and push the nose of the worm past the barb, the angle of the hook point is perfectly poised for the hookset. Instead of reel setting like you would with a mosquito or split shot hook, you can give a normal hookset and catch the fish in the roof of the mouth the majority of the time. You can also put your worm into heavier cover and get more life out of your worm. Try these hooks if you're in to dropshotting and want to improve your bite to land ratio. I use these hooks for all of my Drop-shoting, Split-shoting, & all Light Wire Hook applications.

http://www.bassanglersupplyshop.com/.../dept_107.html
RAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 08:47 AM   #2
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

This is the hook I was using to get my 7lber the other day.....they will hold up to big fish too....on baitcasting...not your typical light wire hook.
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 09:28 PM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Interesting looking hook. Thanks for the info.

Lizards
Old 12-28-06, 09:50 PM   #4
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I like to use them for wacky style....the dropshot keeper is alright but owners downshots are keeping my worms on the hook better!
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.