Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 07-03-11, 12:27 PM   #1
b.a.s.17
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default What to do???

My wifes uncle offered me $1,000 to rent my boat for 2 days and he's wants to take it down the Arkansas River from Little Rock to the Mississippi River. He is trying to travel the Arkansas River from Tulsa to the Mississippi. He has split it up into 3 different trips, and this is the last part of his trip. What do you guys think? Anyone familiar with the river in that area is it deep or does he need to know his way around? I don't know how far it is but my first thought was I don't know if you'll have enough gas to make it. I'm thinking no just because if something happens to the motor I don't want to create and awkward situation cause I wouldn't wanna pay for the repair...
b.a.s.17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 12:34 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

if you do rent it to them get a signed agreement that all repiars that occur while he is using it will be his responsibility and done to your satisifaction. if he say no you say no.
Old 07-03-11, 02:55 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

To me this is basically doing business with family which I never like to do. Even when I was running our jig company I didn't like selling them to family members, I still did it but I didn't like to. I would feel bad about saying no but I think I would just have to decline because I would be worried about the same thing you are.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 06:09 PM   #4
rangerryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If he has a thousand bucks to blow like that, than he probably could buy his own boat. as far as fuel goes there is a fueling station every 50 miles on the river.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.