Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-24-05, 07:03 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Team Daiwa

Anybody ever used the Team Daiwa Advantage rods. They sell for 80 bucks apiece but I can get em for 50% off. Any likes dislikes or whatever on these rods. Got to get my kids some new rods and want to know if they will hold up. The rods I use are to expensive for kids to be using right now. Dont need to hear " But dad I didnt ride my bike over the rod my brother did"especially when most of my rods are pretty expensive.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-05, 08:33 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah dude i have messed with them but i don't have any..i like fenwicks to much to use them..

yep exspect broken glass and dented siding. oh yeah and if you leave your best reel unattended for 3 seconds you will find the largest back lash in the world on it..

zooker
Old 09-24-05, 09:48 AM   #3
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have several Team Diawa rods. They are great rods for the money. They are not as sensative as a Lumis but over all are a good value. I have a couple that are worm jig rods , a spinnerbait rod and a couple of Diawa Heartland rods. All are casting rods. They seem to be very durable. I got the first one when BPS had a sale in Atlanta several years ago. I would have to say that I like the old All Stars better.The new All Stars may be good but I dont have any so I cant say.Fish2win
Old 09-25-05, 06:12 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Funny you should say that zooker. Took my oldest fishing last year and had my usual 10 rods on deck. I was fishing with a particular setup and having some luck. Well to make a long story short my son backlashed and I do meann SPOOLED all the rest. He said dad whats wrong ....my reply......Here you might as well spool this one while your at it.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-05, 09:45 AM   #5
lizardsrule

I thought at first PNJ started this thread LOL.

Lizards
Old 09-30-05, 04:39 PM   #6
zooker

it never fails it is like peanut butter on bread drop it it always lands peanut butter down.. leave a reel set for a second where the rug rats could lay hands on it it and wizzzit back lash big enough eagles could nest in it.. good idea is leave your high capcity reels at home nothing like a 5500 with 400 yards of line backlashed up like a brush pile on a stick..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.