Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-07, 11:00 AM   #26
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My organization is as follows: All hard baits in plastic boxes. All soft baits go in bags. Some are in BPS bags and others are in the original package and put in Falcon bags.

My backup baits (hard and soft) go into tackle boxes which I keep in the garage.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 03:12 PM   #27
PowerBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBassDevil View Post
I just organize it by what it is. I put cretures together, senkos together, and all the other baits. I have senkos and tubes in 3700 boxes becuase I have the most of them. I have a duffle bag that can perfectly fit 11 3700 and 3 3600. I dont have many creatures, finesse worms, or any other plastic that I put in a 3600 but its only my 3rd year bass fishing. I think I got a pretty good collection goin. I'm fishing my first tourny on March 10th. Cant wait for that.

yea I hear ya bout march 10th. I personally dont care how much you bring(just dont go out of control), but some boaters may feel you bringing too much.
Old 02-07-07, 03:33 PM   #28
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

march10th sounds way to early for bassfishing in NJ...we live below the great lakes and usually have to wait till the end of march to find fishing at Ky. lake, where the water is about 50...I'd think a northeastern state the fishing in march would be slow to none!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 04:01 PM   #29
Nitro911
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Something that boaters may want to think about is the Easy View Tackle system. Everything is neat and organized. And as if that wasn't good enough, they are one of the sponsors for this site. Take a look:

http://www.easyviewtackle.com/index.html
Old 02-07-07, 09:47 PM   #30
PowerBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
march10th sounds way to early for bassfishing in NJ...we live below the great lakes and usually have to wait till the end of march to find fishing at Ky. lake, where the water is about 50...I'd think a northeastern state the fishing in march would be slow to none!
It was one around this time last year. Huge bags and Mike Iaconelli Won it. No BS.
Old 02-09-07, 03:45 PM   #31
bassnman30

I pick out the best colors that I have caught fish on and place them in a 3600 box. It only takes about two or three different colors to complete this process. I take worms out of the package. I have two areas of 7 1/2" worms and the same amount of 10" worms. Finnesse baits go in a different bag as well as creature baits.
Not too confusing and I know what colors that should work.
Just stick to the basics.I.e black, purple, blue etc...
Old 02-09-07, 09:47 PM   #32
brushhog

being new to bass fishin' last year and fisihng almost exclusively plastics I used the giant ziploc bag too. Easy too see wht wasin there. easy for my son to find what he wanted without dumping everything out. Of course I haven't accumulated all the plastics you guys have... yet!
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 09:53 PM   #33
jobrien214
BassFishin.Com Member

Talking Stick em in a box

Time on the lake is critical, I have for years taken the plastics out of their bags and never had an issue with melting, sticking together and or getting dryed out. I keep all of my worms and other soft baits easily accessed and ready to go. I also keep a small plastic tray in my rod box to discard used baits into as I change colors, sizes and types to either sort back into the correct box or toss in the trash. I also use this tray to put jigs, cranks and other baits I have taken off and not wanting to waste time on the water to sort out the right box and put them away. This also allows the baits to dry out before they are put away. Tight lines .......Jimbo
jobrien214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 10:01 PM   #34
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien214 View Post
Time on the lake is critical, I have for years taken the plastics out of their bags and never had an issue with melting, sticking together and or getting dryed out.
The only exception would be the Berkley Gulps, they will dry out if you take them out of the bag plus they stink terrible. I have had some Strike Kings, Zoom and a few others in a box for over a year and they are still as flexible as when they were first taken out of the bag.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 10:13 PM   #35
zooker

amen brother jimbo -hell i don't even know this guy- you are correct. time wasted messing with baits on the water is that much more time you lose from actually fishing..

welcome to the site jobrien..

zooker
Old 02-12-07, 10:52 PM   #36
thebus71h

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

Definately don't leave Gulp in your boxes with it not being in a bag. Personally, I've got about 10 bags of Gulp lying around the house cause I've tried stuff in all 10 bags, and can't get a bite on it to save my life.

Oh, don't take anything by Chompers out of the bag either, or your nose will burn off from the horrible smell!
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 01:21 PM   #37
Vabass22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus71h View Post
Definately don't leave Gulp in your boxes with it not being in a bag. Personally, I've got about 10 bags of Gulp lying around the house cause I've tried stuff in all 10 bags, and can't get a bite on it to save my life.

Oh, don't take anything by Chompers out of the bag either, or your nose will burn off from the horrible smell!
I fished gulp worms for a long time, w/ absolutely no results. I finally gave up on them, and then one day when nothing was working, I threw one. First cast, five pounder. Second cast, one about 14 inches.

I take all my stuff outta the bag, except for what little gulp stuff I have.
Old 02-13-07, 01:55 PM   #38
jmh_ottawa
BassFishin.Com Member

I used to keep all my plastics in plano boxes but after a while you start to accumulate so much stuff you start looking like a walking tackle shop

Now i put my plastics in medium sized ziplocs and write on the bag what they are. These bags are then separated by type.. senkos, drop shot baits, creatures, tubes etc...

I still keep my terminal tackle, cranks, jigs, and spinners in boxes.

When i'm fishing as a co-angler i'll cut down the selection a little but also leave some stuff at home depending on the water i'm fishing. If it's a lake where 90% is flippin' in heavy cover it's highly unlikely i'll need any cranks.. and so on.

I don't think it's a problem keeping plastics in plano's except for gulp which will dry up. I kept my baits out of the sun so didn't have any melting issues.. again whatever works for you is right.
jmh_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 01:28 AM   #39
bassfanpa
BassFishin.Com Member

I have to agree with the majority. But, I do it a bit differently. I keep all of my 10" worms ,or 6" lizards, etc in seperate gallon size freezer bags in their original bags. That way, if I'm looking for a 6" lizard, I open that bag and find the color I want. I seperate them all. It gives me something to do in the winter, and it makes finding a particular bait that much easier when I'm looking for it. Although on the rare occurence I fish as a "rider" on another person's boat, i just shove what I need into a 3700. When the tournament is over, they go back in their bag with a shot of juice. Upper Hand Scents...not sponsored, just love it!!
bassfanpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 06:46 PM   #40
CHOSEN1HERE
BassFishin.Com Member

Talking

Wow,2 words, spray scent.
CHOSEN1HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 09:25 PM   #41
commanche

all my worms etc are in plano boxes..i now put them in sandwich zip lock bags and they are in my plano tray in bag..on lid inside i write what is in each slot in tray.

i dont like looking thru bags for lure..plano boxes i like and they store under my seats in my nitro..
commanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 10:07 PM   #42
renagadebee34
BassFishin.Com Member

I use the Bass Pro Shops® Finesse Binder Bags. I put the stock bags in the binder bags so i know what they are. Its easy!!
renagadebee34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 08:09 PM   #43
commanche

there is 2 problems i ran into with any bag system..it seems after while the item gets crushed or pinched..this puts dent in it..i used to carry a sterno can in my boat and boil the plastics back into shape..
dont laugh..
next, i like to be able to grab a plano box, open it and there is all my grubs, different sizes and colors..

now, problem with plano..the plastics dry out,thats bad..
so,now i am using little sandwich bags in my plano box in each little compartment..
so far, so good..
commanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 08:48 PM   #44
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh_ottawa View Post
I used to keep all my plastics in plano boxes but after a while you start to accumulate so much stuff you start looking like a walking tackle shop

yeah so ?? like they can't figure out i fish...

zooker
Old 04-28-07, 11:30 AM   #45
crab

I have 3 jumbo worm binders(shimano) that I keep mine in in the original packs.
crab is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.