Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-20-04, 02:55 PM   #1

Default Is the RiverSmallies site ever coming back?

Hi, all. I was just wondering if the RiverSmallies site was ever coming back. I haven't seen or heard from them in over a month. Sure would hate to see that place go away for good.

JimR
Old 12-20-04, 10:55 PM   #2
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl
Default Re: Is the RiverSmallies site ever coming back?

Hey Jim, I know this may sound stupid...But, I'm a newby here.....Riversmallies is still kickin'.I'm on it at least 3 times a month........Also where are you located?Most of the people i know from that site are from Virginia..........
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 12:58 AM   #3

Default It's still there???

??? RiverSmallies is still around? Okay, I'm confused. All I've been getting when I type in the address is a "Test Message" board of some kind.

What am I doing wrong and what do I need to be doing, and how do I contact them to let them know I can't find them?

JimR
Old 12-21-04, 08:30 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: It's still there???

[quote author=Jim Ritter link=board=MessBoards;num=1103565326;start=0#2 date=12/20/04 at 22:58:53]??? RiverSmallies is still around? Okay, I'm confused. All I've been getting when I type in the address is a "Test Message" board of some kind.

What am I doing wrong and what do I need to be doing, and how do I contact them to let them know I can't find them?

JimR[/quote]

http://www.riversmallies.com

lets see if this works for ya, yeah it worked just click on the above link. Now if you can't get on, perhaps it's your computer, or you've been banned :-X Hope it works for ya.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-04, 08:55 AM   #5

Default Here's part of what I'm getting

If you are a member of the general public:
The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting www.example.com, you should send e-mail to "webmaster@example.com".

Old 12-21-04, 11:42 AM   #6
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9
Default Re: Is the RiverSmallies site ever coming back?

Quote:
Update (12-20-04)
If you are reading this, it means you are seeing the site on the new server. The move is complete and we will be working to get the forum upgrade finished and have the forum open as soon as we can.
RS Staff
Quote:
Here's a new update:

The forum database has been moved. That was the first thing we were waiting for our host to do.

With the new server comes a new IP address for the site and our host has to edit the DNS records. It takes 12-72 hours for a DNS change to take effect. I've been in contact with our host this week, although at this point I'm not sure if the DNS records have already been edited to point to the new IP address or if they still have to do that.

At any rate, we have done all we can do and are simply waiting for the new IP to kick in. Once it does, then the forum upgrade can be finished.
Brian King administrator
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-04, 08:32 AM   #7

Default Made it!!   WaHooo!

Okay, I'm now able to access the RS page again. That's like a Christmas present. Thanks for all the help.

JimR

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.