Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-12, 11:15 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Another family fishing report...

We hosted my sister, brother-in-law and their 3 kids up at our cabin this past weekend. There was more "relaxing" done than fishing this trip, which was fine because we struggled to find the fish when we did go out. We found a few good ones here and there, some of which are shown below.

I took my 9 year old niece and 6 year old nephew out on Saturday morning. They had a blast just bobber fishing with a little jig and waxworm, catching tiny little sunfish, perch and bass just as fast as they could get their bait in the water. They actually fed more fish than they caught, so that kept me busy hopping between the two of them to bait their hooks and take fish off for them. After awhile they started to work on baiting their own hooks, so we are making progress towards getting them to be self-sufficient.

I was able to sneak out solo for a couple hours late that afternoon. I was skunked for almost two hours and was within a dozen casts of finishing my favorite shoreline and calling it a zero-outing when I landed my second best LM of the year for this lake. It came while using a zoomie and was 3lb 11oz, 18.25".

I took my sister and 13 year old nephew out for two hours on Sunday morning and we all caught at least one fish. My nephew's was a dink, but he was happy to land it after having lost two others, one of them just out of net's reach.

My sister caught the biggest one of the outing, and a new PB for her, on a 5" purple pearl senko wacky-rigged on a dropshot. It weighed 3lb 6oz and was 17" in length. (Mine is 2lb 9oz.)

After my sister and her family left on Sunday afternoon, my wife and I took to the water twice. In the pre-supper excursion, she landed the only 3 fish, and I broke off a real solid one (that I never got to see) in exactly the same spot as the 3-11 LM from the day before! Here is Kaye with a 16" brute that weighed 3lb 1oz and was caught using the same dropshot my sister used earlier in day.

In the final outing later in the evening, I got revenge by a margin of 6 fish to 1, with this 3lb 4oz, 17" LM being the best fish. It came on a PB&J football head jig with a green pumpkin super chunk jr. trailer.

It was another wonderful weekend of hanging out with family and enjoying some fishing and the beauty of nature around the lake. This is our dog, Lucky, doing what he normally does in the boat.

And this is an eagle in a tree just a few hundred yards from our cabin, a frequent location for them as the weather starts to turn cooler here.

Next up...a 5-day trip over Labor Day. Until then...happy fishing, everyone!

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.