Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-07-09, 10:47 AM   #26
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
actually right next to the bank i was pullin it up, and when it touched the surface of the water a little fish pecked at it..... haha, it was weird
aiken, i dont know if it was the same thing or not, but the other day i was adding some chartreuse garlic flavored die to a junebug worm, and some how i spilt a little bit on the line. and i guess because of the smell, little shad kept hitting that spot on the line. it must have happened 20 diffrent times. i kept thinkng it was bream bites, but the last few times they did it just as the line was coming out of the water. it was pretty wierd
Old 07-08-09, 12:33 PM   #27
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah little bream and stuff will sometime my line just where it hits the water....

and yeah the chartreuse stuff sometimes drive bream and smaller fish like that crazy

i had some one day and everytime i pulled it up a bream would hit the tail, haha

but i actually saw this flash and it was long and skinny, so it was a bass
Old 07-14-09, 11:22 PM   #28
BoyoBoyle
BassFishin.Com Member

Wow! I love big worms

I read this thread and went out and bought some 10" Powerbait worms in Watermelon Candy and I pulled out a PB 19" bass today! haha i also pulled out a 7 inch bass.... on a 10" worm.... that was odd. But i love these big worms, i was happy with the results and im gonna keep on using them.

The 19" i caught today also swallowed the worm! he must have really liked it! I'm defintely getting more big worms for sure. Also, I like to rig em without weights. They drop at a perfect rate for me in a lake only 4-6 feet deep. I texas rigged them with no swivel or weights and i was pulling out some nice bass. I love big worms! Im getting more in different colors.

And the best part about em.... if they're too big, just cut an inch off, or cut the tail some. I would recommend the powerbait 10" worms. They worked for me.
BoyoBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 11:28 PM   #29
EastTexas
BassFishin.Com Member

Most Bass like 10" or less in baits. I seen it on in-Fisherman or Linders Angling Edge.
EastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 03:07 AM   #30
Stew
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
I'm on this huge worm kick lately and I was wodering what big worms everyone uses I'm talking 10in + size and what color seems to work the best for them. Also, what hooks is everyone using. I like pictures some post them if you got them.
Over the years, I have had zero success using mega-sized worms along the bottom, either texas or carolina-rigged.

However, on a recent outing, I caught 3 bass within the first 5 casts by deep swimming a Strike King Anaconda rigged with a 1/4 ounce weighted hook. The largest was 6 pounds, the largest I have ever pulled from the particular small lake.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 09:30 AM   #31
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Right on! I've yet to catch anything on my monsters yet, but 30min of fishing in 2 weeks isn't really giving it a chance.........I know....it's sad.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 09:40 AM   #32
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

check out the rage tail thumper worm, it's coming about this fall!

http://www.ragetail.com/bh_vid.html
Old 07-16-09, 10:30 AM   #33
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

For big worms I'm planning on using the 10 inch Anaconda. Right now it's just been to cool up here to use them. I've been throwing the 7 inch version, but 4 inch creature baits like their Space Monkey have really been getting bit.

Top producer by far for me has been my trusty Drop Shot rig with a 5 inch Zoom Finesse worm. They've just been killing it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.