Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-25-13, 06:51 PM   #276
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

heck kdog i might even have a chance now that you won't be in back seat
Old 02-05-13, 10:43 AM   #277
bassboogieman

Today I am cooking up a batch of APPLE PIE just for Dale Hollow. It should be just right with 3 months of age on it by then - IF I can leave it alone...
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-13, 12:27 AM   #278
Elnutsmalljaws
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Just curious, did anyone, last year, fish the small arm north & east of the dam and behind the resort last year? I didn't get in there, but it's on my list of places to check on the return trip. It has the steep drops that I found to be productive for smallies.
This pocket is a killer FNF pocket as well as a Flitterbait pocket. All the way back on the left where it forks is outstanding. My buddy and I had 11 fish in 3 passes one morning all upper slots 19-20 1/2 " fish. He got broke off by a sure 22 incher and I caught a 6 lb Greenfish. The round point just as you go into the pocket is good early for the fly for smaller fish but deadly later when the sun gets up with the Flitterbait out in 25 feet of water. Smacktackle makes the Flitterbait and I fish it on a baitcaster with 10lb Flouro. Parallel the round point in 20-30 feet of water, cast sink to bottom and then use slow lift and drop, rip let it fall to bottom then rip or sink to bottom barely pump it and slow reel back to boat. One of these 3 techniques will get your arm broke. I have fished Dale in the Winter since 2004 and it is my favorite time and favorite lake to fish. You can use the Flitterbait around the Round points almost religiously on all of them past 11 am on a sunny day and have a real shot at a 6 pounder. I have caught 7 over 6 with 6-13 my biggest on the fly and yet to catch a 6 on the Flitterbait but several 5's. if you have never fished Dale in the Winter, 7 Smallies over 6, exactly 33 over 5 lbs and no telling just guessing 125 over 4 all caught in the 9 winters down there. Take out all the days that I spent in the hospital and not down there and it is amazing what a fishery.

I will offer to anyone that wants it, a shortcut to eliminate water. This winter I had some guys approach me about getting some knowledge about Dale in the winter since I was in the hospital and not fishing. One guy fished it a couple of weeks a year in December and that was it. The other 3 were from out of state and did not get down but one trip a year or so. These were 4 different guys that got with me thru mutual people I know. What came out of it was I ended up marking up maps for them exact spots to fish and with what bait. They bought the waterproof Atlantic Mapping Map and mailed it to me with the payment and except for my top 6 a-1 prime spots that only 3 people know I marked every other spot from the Wolf River to the Dam that I have caught good fish from and denoted the bait, FNF, Flitterbait or jig. There is somewhere around 150 spots marked for $125. The one out of state guy caught his first over on the first spot on the second day of his trip. He said that one fish was worth the map. I have medical bills to pay and I am not doing this for any local that's going to fish the spots and pass them around to where they don't produce. I am not goin to ruin it for me either. But anyone coming in from out of state for one trip a year wants to catch fish. $125 is a small price to pay considering what the trip cost all together.
Elnutsmalljaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-13, 07:11 PM   #279
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
heck kdog i might even have a chance now that you won't be in back seat
If you'll remember correctly, my being in the back seat doesn't stop me from placing a cast at the next laydown. Bwahahahaha
Old 02-14-13, 08:55 AM   #280
docirv
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

I just do not have the fortitude to make these long drives any more but I sure will be bummed not to be there especially if Bamabasman and his lovely Lisa are there.... Someone give that lady a big hug for me....
Old 02-14-13, 08:04 PM   #281
bamabassman

docirv!!!!! hey buddy!!! how have oyu been my friend? i have missed oyu man.

and it is doubtfull that i will be able to go, lisa for sure won't be able to this year. but as soon as she gets back for her visit in mobile, i will tell her what oyu said and give her a huge hug from oyu.

and remember those craws oyu gave out? well guess what my friend...i AM gonna order some this year. PROMISE!!! they are great on weiss. lizzards don't work too good, but the craws do. inmagine that? lol!!
Old 02-18-13, 10:27 AM   #282
docirv

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

Hey Bama, hope all is well with you and Lisa.
Old 03-11-13, 04:38 PM   #283
bassboogieman

Two months to go, I am so looking forward to the return to Dale Hollow. Never thought I'd be saying that, it's a long haul for me, but I am. I hope the smallies cooperate!
Old 03-24-13, 02:16 PM   #284
nobass

i still have one bed not spoken for. if anybody is still not sure if they are going
Old 03-31-13, 02:13 PM   #285
nobass

Has anyone heard from woody have not seen him on forums for awhile
Old 03-31-13, 03:30 PM   #286
bassboogieman

Not a peep and I expected him to get a shirt...
Old 03-31-13, 05:48 PM   #287
woody

I really haven't had much time to post. Life has been really busy lately with my work and home life. Still looking forward to Dale Hollow though.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-13, 11:14 PM   #288
Hoosier

As I don't want to scroll through 12 pages of posts when is the meet this year I would like to have the oppurtunity to go.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 05:35 AM   #289
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'm really trying to make it this year. I don't know if my dad will be able to go or not. I may be by myself, or maybe with a friend who I'm getting into fishing. It's a big maybe right now though. Kind of depends on if I'm going to have to do an internship for school this summer and whether or not I can get a job.

I'll know for sure later on, but just putting this out there.

And besides, without Lisa, someone has to fry the fish!

BB
Old 04-01-13, 05:36 AM   #290
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
As I don't want to scroll through 12 pages of posts when is the meet this year I would like to have the oppurtunity to go.
May 12-19th. Some of the guys will be there all week, but latter half of the week is when everyone will be there if it goes like previous get togethers.

BB
Old 04-01-13, 06:58 PM   #291
bassboogieman

Donald (nobass) mentioned above he has a bed available in his cabin, if either of you guys want to contact him.
Old 04-02-13, 10:47 PM   #292
Hoosier

Looks like I may have to burn a week of vacation then.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 06:25 AM   #293
nobass

if you want the bed i will be there on mon and staying the weekl
Old 04-11-13, 08:53 AM   #294
BigBassin144

It looks like I'll be coming to the event for sure. My dad can't make it though. My friend may or may not go, but he probably is.

Will anybody have an open seat or two on their boat? I'll probably be fishing with Bryce, but my friend will need a boat to fish from and I'll probably fish with him the first couple days.

BB
Old 04-11-13, 09:14 AM   #295
BigBassin144

I'm assuming from their site that they don't have camping. Anybody know if they'd let us throw a tent up in one of the yards of the cabins you guys have? I should be able to borrow a tent from a friend, and I'm just trying to weigh my options on where my friend and I will be staying.

BB
Old 04-11-13, 12:58 PM   #296
bassboogieman

Glad to hear you'll be coming Anthony. Donald is the only one I know of that had a bunk available. As for tents, I'm doubtful as that would not generate any revenue for the resort - they charge extra for additional bodies in the cabin. A call could confirm that. I'm not sure about Daniel if he is coming, but he was alone (understandably) in his boat last year.
Old 04-11-13, 05:34 PM   #297
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Glad to hear you'll be coming Anthony. Donald is the only one I know of that had a bunk available. As for tents, I'm doubtful as that would not generate any revenue for the resort - they charge extra for additional bodies in the cabin. A call could confirm that. I'm not sure about Daniel if he is coming, but he was alone (understandably) in his boat last year.
I figured they probably wouldn't like it if I pitched a tent behind someone's cabin. I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out for sure. A truck bed tent would be another option, but I'm not sure I know anybody with one of those.

I've sent PMs to a couple people trying to get things squared away.

Regardless, I'll bring the hush puppy mix and our fish frier, oil, and a propane tank. A second frier would probably be helpful if anyone has one. I've got Lisa's recipe, so I can probably make egg gravy Sunday morning.

What are our plans for the rest of the dinners? If this has been talked about already, someone just point me to the post number, cause I've read many, but not all the posts here.

BB
Old 04-11-13, 06:06 PM   #298
BigBassin144

Ok guys, a quick update. I've been trying to get a pharmacy tech job, and I just (literally 5 minutes ago) got a call from one of the pharmacists I interviewed with and she wants me to start in the beginning of May with the paperwork, drug screening, and background check. So it looks like I probably won't be able to make it. There's a slim chance the event will be during the period between processing everything and the time I will start my training. If it is, I'll be there. If not, I'll see you guys in 2014.

BB
Old 04-20-13, 02:34 PM   #299
WTL

Between graduation and bar study, Im not positive I will be able to make it. I will let you guys know, there is just so much going on right now.
Old 04-21-13, 01:54 PM   #300
bassboogieman

Well I purchased our fishing licenses on-line today. Without the trout permit it was $28.00 ($25 license + $3 self print fee) for a 10-day non-resident which I did not think was too bad. Printed out my license at home, so I am ready...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.