Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 08-13-12, 10:45 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Short video from the Kayak.

So over the last few months Ive been doing a lot mods to the kayak....Here recently I added the Kodak Play-sport Zx3 camcorder/camera complete with a fish eye lens...The fish eye lens allows a much more complete view of me and the yak...(Thank you Amazon!)

Ive attached it up front using the Yakattack Panfish Portrait mount..

Saturday morning I fished our first kayak bass club tourney and got to play with the camera....Mind you,Im running on 2.5 hours of sleep and brain dead after driving almost two hours (up at 2am) to check in,haha!

It was a blast though!....Heres a short viddy of my 2nd fish...I tried to do commentary but man my head was foggy....This is me paddling back to a marker buoy I tossed out marking a steep drop off holding fish while heading into a shallow cove first to go after a school..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVb5...ature=youtu.be

Im pretty impressed with the setup and especially the audio!...Looking forward to making more/better ones!
The camera can capture nice stills off the video as well!...Not too good in low light,but I expected that

Once I get a better editing software Ill do a video overview of how I set up my kayak....

Thanks for looking!
Old 08-13-12, 11:11 PM   #2
bassboogieman

That's pretty cool pancake. I think a little flea powder will help with that itchy beard.

Wow, I checked out the camera on ebay and it's not expensive at all. Where did you find the fisheye lens? I'm guessing that's an option and fits over the original lens? Neat idea, I may have to try that setup, if only I would catch a fish.............

Last edited by bassboogieman; 08-13-12 at 11:18 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 11:31 PM   #3
joedog

Waffle, great set up and the picture looks almost HD.
Wow is the forum going to be in for a treat once the films start rolling in.
Again nice job and thanks for sharing after a long day!
Old 08-13-12, 11:48 PM   #4
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
That's pretty cool pancake. I think a little flea powder will help with that itchy beard.

Wow, I checked out the camera on ebay and it's not expensive at all. Where did you find the fisheye lens? I'm guessing that's an option and fits over the original lens? Neat idea, I may have to try that setup, if only I would catch a fish.............

hahaha!, Bruce I knew someone would bring up the beard scratch...I noticed it right off the bat!

Man I bought everything for the play sport off amazon!
This is the lens: (only in red)...Its cheap!!..I got mine $7.00
http://www.amazon.com/BestDealUSA-iP...3+fisheye+lens

The Kodak camera ZX3 is fairly zoomed in already...Without that lens you would be only seeing my chest,arms and head.
Here's my tip!...The lens is magnetically attached to the camera...It comes with three adapter rings (This works on Iphones too and one ring is for that)...The rings attach to the camera lens with an adhesive back.....The adhesive is absolute garbage!!!!
The weight of the lens pulls it right off!.....So I super glued that sucker right to the lens by using a toothpick,and a 3/4 bullet weight to hold pressure on it...Problem solved!

The reason I went with the Zx3 vs the Zx5 is because the 3 has a replaceable battery as the 5 is only an internal battery...They only shoot about 2.5 worth of viddy....But being able to swap batteries with the 3 I can carry a spare (which I used this day)...Plus I read tons of reviews and the quality between the two is a toss up really.

So on amazon I got:

The camera =$80ish (also waterproof up to 10 meters if you noticed)

The remote for it =$10 (however it will not turn on/off the camera.Only stop/start recording,etc..the camera will also shut off if let running inactively as well!)

Spare battery = $18 (Im sure you can find it much cheaper)

Car charger/wall charger = $3

Case = $9

Fish eye lens= $7-8

16gb card =$12

I think I paid $132 for everything....The yakattack mount was an additional $55 from Hook1

Still cheaper than a GoPro
Old 08-13-12, 11:54 PM   #5
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Waffle, great set up and the picture looks almost HD.
Wow is the forum going to be in for a treat once the films start rolling in.
Again nice job and thanks for sharing after a long day!
Thanks Joe!...The camera shoots in HD!...That was all shot in the standard HD 720 setting (up to 1080,I think?) Havent played too much with the setting,but its extremely user friendly and easy to use!...The camera mode is 5mp

It also has has editing software (ARCSOFT MEDIA)you download when you first plug it in the PC...Not great,but still something to mess with..

This files are .MOV
Old 08-14-12, 12:12 AM   #6
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nice vid and setup Waffle! Thanks for sharing and that beard is awesome! First thing I'm doing when I retire is growing one
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 01:01 AM   #7
Jrob78

Awesome video! It's amazing how quickly all that stuff has gotten affordable! The quality is fantastic! Nice fish too! What lake were you guys fishing?
Old 08-14-12, 01:29 AM   #8
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Awesome video! It's amazing how quickly all that stuff has gotten affordable! The quality is fantastic! Nice fish too! What lake were you guys fishing?
Thanks man!..Yea the Kodak stuff came down quite a bit because they're pulling out of the camera / film business (bankrupt I heard)...But apparently will honor a 1 year warranty..

That was in Decatur on the LBJ Grasslands...There were 5 lakes we could fish...All smaller and kayak friendly....That was Black Creek Reservoir I was on with about 5 other guys (27 guys total in the tourney)..Being a CPR set up you can do that,and any size/length bass counts!!...Even Bama dinks add up!
I was the only one on that side of the lake....I tried to work it over but the ONLY boat on the lake came right at me...Full of drunken rednecks galore!...His boat dies next to my Kayak/buoy markers and I was getting real irritated listening to the ''main'' one cuss and yell like an idiot.
Then he just jumps into the shallow water and starts casting his ugly stick all over the place hooting and hollering ''Oh I missed him''....Oh I missed that one too!''......I got so annoying I picked up and left
He was seriously about 20 yards from me....I turned the camera off right before they came up on me...Kinda wish I got it on film

Oh well,Its a monthly thing....This will be a good year for Texas kayak bass fishing!
Old 08-14-12, 06:20 PM   #9
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Awsome camera and really enjoyed the video. I'm looking foreward to seeing more. Especially next time you paddle past a topless beach!
Old 08-14-12, 07:24 PM   #10
nobass

thats some neat setup enjoyed the video. looking forward to some more
Old 08-14-12, 08:27 PM   #11
bamabassman

very nice indeed flappyjack!!! love the part where oyu hook into the fish man. but like i said on fb.....SPEAK UP!!! hahaha, some of us OLD TIMERS are DEAF. hahaha. i know...oyu were tired.
Old 08-17-12, 10:08 AM   #12
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Awesome video!
Now I want one of those!
Old 08-18-12, 07:05 AM   #13
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

That's a cool set up PC. Keep them coming!
Maybe you should have showed him the accuracy of a Nelson Custom and pierced his ear for him during his grand ole time.
Old 08-18-12, 03:59 PM   #14
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I really need one. I have a fishin video in mind for next year
Old 08-23-12, 08:17 AM   #15
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nice, but you don't want a fisheye lense, then everybody can identify the spots your fishing, and steal your honey holes
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 04:36 PM   #16
Bassboss

Nice! I won't argue with that any day of the week!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.