Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 09-13-06, 07:57 PM   #1
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Good Deal?

My dad just found a 14', 3' wide jon boat, no dents or scratches, and a new 38lb thrust trolling motor, it has lifejackets, a 3.5hp older gas motor, paddles, a trailer, and a cover, for 1500$. We are going to look at it, and try it out saturday, and might buy it, what is yalls opinion on it?
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-06, 08:01 PM   #2
ironman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ironman

DO it.
That is what I am looking for right there!
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-06, 08:28 PM   #3
brandonjames
BassFishin.Com Member

Offer them 1200 and see what you can get it for, but I would still pay 1500 for it. That is exactly what I have been looking for.
brandonjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-06, 08:38 PM   #4
Vabass22

Yeah, were almost positive were buying it, it is exactly what were looking for. If we hadnt have jumped on it, he would have put it in the trader, and it would have been gone. I just found out its 2 years old, and went on a few float trips last year, but hasn't been used at all this year, and it has pedestal seats.
Old 09-13-06, 09:19 PM   #5
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Get it now, it's the same size as my boat

I think I gave somewhere around $750 for the boat (with a dent), $300 for a used trailer, and $200 or so for the first trolling motor I had, a #42. Figure in all the little extras that get you (plug, lifejackets, seats, etc, etc), and you've got a pretty good deal. Still offer them less though, especially if you have cash. Flash $1000, the guy might be broke and take it
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-06, 07:45 PM   #6
Vabass22

Hes said his botoom price is 1500$, and were willing to pay that, but there are other ppl willing to pay more, but since he works with my dad...... I didnt know you could pu as much stuff on a jon boat as your has, someday I'll hope fully have one like that.
Old 09-14-06, 08:06 PM   #7
dampeoples

You can put anything you want on a Jon Boat, they did it with bass boats...Somebody had to figure all that stuff out, I just copied different boats to make mine
Old 09-15-06, 06:27 AM   #8
Hef

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

BPS has the 12' for sale for $500. You said it was an older model, just how old? You might be able to purchase a new boat and newer motor for that price. Just something to look into prior to jumping in feet first.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-06, 11:00 PM   #9
Vabass22

Its two years old has been on a few float trips down the shenandoah in its first year, hasnt toucjed the water in a year. He has offered us a trial period tomorrow, where we pay for it, and if we don't like it, we get our money back. We do not want a 12', we need more space, and want to be able to fish three ppl comfortably, and plus the 500$ doesnt cover a trailer. dampeoples, I heard that pedestal seats meks a jon boat more tippy, is this true? I learned that the seats are not pedestals, but we may put one with a short pedestal in the front.
Old 09-15-06, 11:08 PM   #10
dampeoples

Sure they make it more tippy, it's still a small boat, but two grown men can walk around on my boat no problem. I even use a stand seat. Treat it like it's a Jon Boat, and you'll be fine
Old 09-16-06, 09:08 AM   #11
Vabass22

We just purchased it. Funny thing is two weeks ago, my dad said that there was no way he would even think about buying a boat! She's a beauty, and were taking her out later.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.