Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-05-13, 08:41 AM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default Evicting people is a pain!

My renters owe me a boatload of money, (seriously, I could buy a ton of baits!) seems like I should be able to start throwin their stuff in the snow ;0

But no!
First there's the 7 day eviction notice, which they ignored. Then there's the complaint and summons, then I have to miss work to go to court over all this.

My fees to evict them are up to $166. I'll be adding that to the small claims suit, but still.....
Old 04-05-13, 10:31 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good luck with small claims - I screwed around with that for 6 months trying to get reimbursed. I would have been much better off just breaking the guy's leg in lieu of cash.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 11:23 AM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Could be worse mine moved out in dec didnt notify,turned heat off stole hot water tank among a few other things,do I call them thieves no,I call them relatives lol.
Hope the ell I never am blessed with them again in my lifetime.
They had wanted to buy the place from me at cost naturally,but in the 8 years they lived there it went to pot cost me 7k to fix their faulty repairs and a new roof.
And in ohio its not a 7 day eviction notice it takes much longer.So guess I was lucky then leaving with no notice ,no heat and what wasnt bolted down gone-they did disassemble the back deck they had built-makes it grand theft,wife however wont press charges,me id just like a few min with them.But how can anyone justify cutting out and taking the hot water tank.

Last edited by lilmule; 04-05-13 at 11:30 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 11:47 AM   #4
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Good luck with small claims - I screwed around with that for 6 months trying to get reimbursed. I would have been much better off just breaking the guy's leg in lieu of cash.
Due to the circumstances, I'm going to ask the judge for full payment within 30 days.
One of my renter's dad's has money. They can go borrow it
Old 04-05-13, 11:48 AM   #5
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Could be worse mine moved out in dec didnt notify,turned heat off stole hot water tank among a few other things,do I call them thieves no,I call them relatives lol.
Hope the ell I never am blessed with them again in my lifetime.
They had wanted to buy the place from me at cost naturally,but in the 8 years they lived there it went to pot cost me 7k to fix their faulty repairs and a new roof.
And in ohio its not a 7 day eviction notice it takes much longer.So guess I was lucky then leaving with no notice ,no heat and what wasnt bolted down gone-they did disassemble the back deck they had built-makes it grand theft,wife however wont press charges,me id just like a few min with them.But how can anyone justify cutting out and taking the hot water tank.
That sounds rough!
Here in Michigan, the 7 day eviction notice is nothing but a formality.
Once that is served, and they don't move out, you have to file a complaint and summons.
we have a court day on the 15th

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.