Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-09-08, 08:27 AM   #1
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default New to Here!!

Hey, my name is JC and I have been fishing for about 4 years but only serious for one year!!! I have to mainly 2 people i fish with....the first three years i fished with the one of them the most...this person we will call larry...larry had been fishing for a while but would never took the time to teach me anything...he is a pretty good fisherman, but every time i asked a question he would give me a stupid response or a i don't know!!!! however, starting this year i still fish with him but i have been going fishing with another friend....however, he is younger he has been fishing for a good while and is amazing at it...he has taught me alot... and this year we went fishing maybe 15 times and we have caught a total combined 100+ bass and i caught about around 40 of them..mostly 2 pounds or so but we have had a few larger ones....I was wondering if anyone encounters people who will not help people out and now when i go fishing with larry on his boat if i start catching more fish...he tries to turn the boat in situations so he can fish certain spots and not me so i do not catch more fish than him....
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 09:15 AM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey JC,
Welcome aboard! You will find a wealth of knowledge here and alot of laughs too!!!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 06:20 PM   #3
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the site man , your foot placed in the center of his back should fix that it's kinda hard to steer the boat while treading water . any how jump in make get comfy lots of great guys here .

Jim
Old 10-09-08, 06:59 PM   #4
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

Welcome to the site JC. Yes I have experienced the same thing. I stopped fishing with that particular gentlemen after most of a year on a tournament trail. Even though we were partners, he wouldn't give me much water and when he was tying on a new lure, we would float aimlessly instead of letting me up front to run the trolling motor. Plus it was always out of his boat not mine, took me a while to figure that one out. But a few well placed lures place by his head helped fix a few things.
bhfishman
Old 10-09-08, 10:39 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

welcome jc, now you too are bait monkey fodder like the rest of us. and i agree with ol jim80 and bhfishman there. if all he wants to do is out do you, find another partner pal. where are ya located? come here and i'll let ya run the troller ifn ya want. heck.... i need someone to teach me. and believe me... if you want to learn how to bass fish.... you are at the RIGHT site pal. welcome!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 08:10 AM   #6
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Well...thanks everyone....I hope to learn a lot.....It does not seem like he will be too much of a problem...he never wants to go fishing with me anymore...he goes with someone else most of the time and lets just say that person really is not to good with bass fishing...I beleive that might be why he goes with him!!!!!
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 08:36 AM   #7
vabassman
BassFishin.Com Member

Welcome to the site
vabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.