Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-11, 01:06 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Bass Matrix ?

http://bassfishingmatrix.com/bass_fishing_matrix.html

Ever hear of it ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 09:04 PM   #2
cassidyta

I hadn't heard of it before, but I can see how it could be a tool to help determine a starting point for your day.
Sadly for me, too often, the fish usually don't read the same books I do.
Old 01-31-11, 12:32 AM   #3
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Fish rarely follow a predefined set of rules... sure it may be more likely for them to be in those types of areas, but I have been places where people were pulling them out left and right yet when I use the same lure, not a single bite.. same goes for opposite, I can be catching one after another, and other people fishing same/similar lures or baits are not getting a bite.
So I just go by what you found works for you at locations you are familiar with, and try using the same methods on not so familiar locations.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 07:29 PM   #4
Kicksomebass
BassFishin.Com Member

i'm against this... and for a simple reason. I wanna take it upon myself to find out where the fish are because it means i spend more time on the water :P
Kicksomebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 02:27 PM   #5
CiK
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksomebass View Post
i'm against this... and for a simple reason. I wanna take it upon myself to find out where the fish are because it means i spend more time on the water :P
I agree. This becomes instinct when you are on the water enough. I think it is interesting and would really like to hear if somebody has ever used it. There is a lot of built in variation to the matrix though, like "define murky". Murky is different from one angler to another.
CiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 03:36 PM   #6
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Takes the fun right out of it!!
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-11, 12:40 AM   #7
Tall

Yes I down loaded it two or three years ago. I seem to go with what I hear is working by word of mouth on lakes when I fish. Their is a lot of information that you can down load but I have not just stuck to what it says should work.

It is basically you dark jigs or tubes at times, Stick baits and cranks at other times with a color that should work. Of course if they are feeding on frogs a frog bait etc. I do think it would help new fisherman/women or any one that wanted to try to set a game plan before a fishing tourney.

I would say based on what has won some recent cold water tourneys here it would give a general idea of what type of baits to start with anyway.

It is still like real estate, location location location. You need to figure out the 10% of the water they are in. The lure suggestion could help then.

You need to know what the fish are feeding on eg; frogs, baitfish or crawfish.

It did not seem to cost to much, and if you like to read, research etc. this is interesting to look at anyway.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-11, 09:41 AM   #8
CMorg

Ten four Tall. I fish alot of lakes I havent been to much. In fact last year was my first and last time on alot of the lakes my club fishes. I still dont really know what the fish have for a food base. I try to research but the lakes I guess are too small to have an abundance of information on.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-11, 02:38 PM   #9
Tall

Check for a PM message.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-11, 12:03 AM   #10
luvzbosox
BassFishin.Com Member

I purchased it a few years back. But, not having the experience of a veteran fisherman, I am not sure of some of the questions that it asks. For example, barometric pressure, (which I am starting to learn a lil bit about,) Forage, not sure how to tell that one.
It does look like a great tool, but if I had my choice, i would rather be able to look at a lake map, determine the most likely areas they would be hiding, have a general idea on what bait to throw at em, and have a great day fishing. But then again, everytime I ever go out, I DONT CATCH DIDDLY!!!!
luvzbosox is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.