Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 04-24-12, 10:12 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Question for Capt Mike -

Would you have any suggestions you would be willing to give regarding snakeheads? I've caught some small ones while targeting bass, but they are getting big ones now. I'll be down on the Potomac next week, basically bass fishing Wed - Fri, but Saturday we are staying over before heading down to Dale Hollow and I'd like to hunt snakeheads then.

Wed. we are fishing north out of Ft. Washington, Thurs & Fri out of Smallwood, so we'll hit Mattawoman Thurs. Friday is our event day. Staying in Indianhead, and I believe there are several tournaments going out of Smallwood on Saturday and we will try and avoid launching there. We could put in at Slavins or Ft. Washington on Sat to avoid SOME of the crowd.

Anything you would be willing to share pertaining to the snakes would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 10:33 AM   #2
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sure the wake style baits have been working good and the frog bite might even work by then.
As you leave Fort Washington go directly accross the Piscataway Creek. Work the shoreline toward the main river and behind the islands. The grass may be factor by next week. If the grass is up and visable I would jump on the Zoom horny toad and swim it just above the grass. If not try a baby one or a wake bait.

Also back behind the islands the T rig zoom lizard is king.. 2-3 foot leader. 1/2 oz egg sinker. Look for pee gravel.

Down south fish top of tide way way back in the pads with a frog. A weedless small sized 3 inch or so rubber swim bait works too. May need a push pole to get around.

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.