Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-09, 11:29 AM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Michindoh Get Together?

Alright all you northern guys, it's our turn!

I say we have our own get together for all the guys too far north to make it to Alabama or Kentucky. Like the title says, maybe centrally located in the Michigan, Indiana, Ohio area?

I was thinking Lake Webster in Indiana, but then of course, I'd have to bring musky stuff as well as bass. Any ideas, maybe even in southern or central MI. Not much in the way of lakes in my neck of the woods, but there are quite a few north of me in MI. It'd be a bit far for some MI guys, but there's some lakes like Alum Creek down near Columbus.

Also, I think it should be on a lake that at least one person has some experience on. Any suggestions, let's hear 'em! Maybe even Lake St. Clair for some giant smallies!

BB
Old 06-22-09, 06:23 PM   #2
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Money and time are pretty tight for me right now, but it's certainly not out of the question!
Providing I get my 40 in by Thursday evening, I have 3 day weekends anyways.
I'd need to hold off on committing until pretty much everything were nailed down, location, date and such, but if I could make it work, I'm all over it like stains on a blue dress
Just for a general idea of where i am, as far as michigan goes, hold up your right hand palm facing you. I'm in the pinky lol
Old 06-22-09, 07:47 PM   #3
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like a great idea... my suggestion is for Lake Erie... out of Sandusky preferably, because even if the lake has a small craft adv., we can still fish the Sandusky bay for largemouth around shallow cover and boat docks. There are also a lot of area attractions and campgrounds along with a free boat launch right in downtown Sandusky. I hope we can make a go of it.

Ryan
Old 06-23-09, 12:14 PM   #4
Bender

I'd love to do it as long as it doesn't fall on a club/tourney weekend. I wonder if we can look at that map thing to see what is a central place for most people?

Webster might be good, there are many lakes in that part of Indiana (I lived there for 6 years) and also in the NE corner like James, Hamilton, Randall Chain, Coldwater Chain, etc with plenty of camping and a few hotels in Angola and Coldwater, MI.

SE MI has a lot of inland lakes but not many with camping if that's needed.
I don't know of much in Ohio, not in the north anyway other than Erie.

LSC or Erie would be good, but we'd need to make sure there are enough boats to do it. Also maybe have a backup lake nearby if it is windy. Sandusky sounds pretty good but I've never been there.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 12:43 PM   #5
BigBassin144

The only problem with St. Clair is, it may be hard to get enough boats. I think we could run our 16' Tracker out there, but it'd have to be a very nice day.

I'd be willing to go to sandusky, but it may be a bit far for some Indiana anglers.

between the three states, I don't think you can get any more centrally located than Clear Lake, IN.It's right in the Northeat corner of Indiana, and seems to be a good smallmouth lake.

I was thinking, although it'll probably be quite hot, July 17-19 (fri-sun). Or maybe we could wait until closer to fall.

BB
Old 06-23-09, 02:51 PM   #6
MIbasser

I'm with Bender on this one. As long as it falls on a free weekend I would be down with it. I think I have 2 or 3 free weekends from now till the start of football season (September).
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 09:51 AM   #7
rrw4258

Another thing with Sandusky, if it is really windy we could make the 15-20 minute drive to West Harbor or East Harbor, both of which are a farily large harbor which have good largie fishing and are protected from the waves of the main lake...

Ryan
Old 06-25-09, 10:46 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Also, we should start throwing out some dates. I'm good pretty much all summer. I think we should work around the busy guys' schedules as much as we can.

BB
Old 06-26-09, 11:26 AM   #9
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

Also, we should start throwing out some dates. I'm good pretty much all summer. I think we should work around the busy guys' schedules as much as we can.

BB
One weekends as good as the next for me. Not sure I'd make a trip to Ohio, although I did mention it to a guy I work with, who's from Ohio. If the trip took place there, I probably wouldn't make a drive that long by myself, but it'd be doable if I brought him along to keep me from goin insane lol
Old 06-26-09, 02:44 PM   #10
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

BB
Anytime is good for me as well, as long as it's not on a tournament weekend... About 1 or 2 times per month...

Ryan
Old 06-28-09, 06:28 PM   #11
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I'd love to do it as long as it doesn't fall on a club/tourney weekend. I wonder if we can look at that map thing to see what is a central place for most people?

Webster might be good, there are many lakes in that part of Indiana (I lived there for 6 years) and also in the NE corner like James, Hamilton, Randall Chain, Coldwater Chain, etc with plenty of camping and a few hotels in Angola and Coldwater, MI.

SE MI has a lot of inland lakes but not many with camping if that's needed.
I don't know of much in Ohio, not in the north anyway other than Erie.

LSC or Erie would be good, but we'd need to make sure there are enough boats to do it. Also maybe have a backup lake nearby if it is windy. Sandusky sounds pretty good but I've never been there.

And you call yourself a buckeye! Still pretty peeved that I wasn't made aware of that fact until AFTER I was in the middle of the lake in your Stratos....with no handhold lol
Let's go find some smallmouths!!!!!!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.