Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-09, 04:12 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default HeY Woody and Hey NoFear....Patoka

Hey guys,
Denny and I would like to visit your Patoka lake this fall and hook up with both of ya, we've never been to the lake and would like a few pointers, I am sure if we all got skunked over n over at brookville, Patoka has to be better!
We want to camp overnite and maybe bring one other guy/boat with us. You guys up for it?
Any other forum members are welcome to come camp with us and fish too.
Denny has one band gig in sept and then another in late Oct. I've got afishing trip at Tampa Bay in Oct 2-9th, so we hope to fit in Patoka sometime in there, you guys open for a day or so of fishing?>anyone else?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 04:52 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hey guys,
Denny and I would like to visit your Patoka lake this fall and hook up with both of ya, we've never been to the lake and would like a few pointers, I am sure if we all got skunked over n over at brookville, Patoka has to be better!
We want to camp overnite and maybe bring one other guy/boat with us. You guys up for it?
Any other forum members are welcome to come camp with us and fish too.
Denny has one band gig in sept and then another in late Oct. I've got afishing trip at Tampa Bay in Oct 2-9th, so we hope to fit in Patoka sometime in there, you guys open for a day or so of fishing?>anyone else?
Did you really have to ask? Heck, I'll come camp too if we make it a weekend. I've never ice-fished before though...let's hope it's a WARM October this year. Cummon, Global Warming!!!

As far as a few pointers, are you sure you want to ask a blind man for help crossing the street? Seriously though, I do know a couple of good spots, but I think you'll find Patoka has a much more varied underwater topography than Brookville. There are literally "good on paper" spots to fish all over the lake. We'll for sure do it.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 05:02 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
BigBassin144's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 9,463
Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default

anybody want to come pick me up in Toledo?

BB
__________________
As of June 14, 2014 the members of the BF.com forum have moved to basschat.yuku.com!
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 05:18 PM   #4
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
Jim80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thomaston CT
Posts: 3,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
anybody want to come pick me up in Toledo?

BB
And then swing over to the east coast to get me ?


Jim
__________________
In memory of Zooker 1/11/73-7/2/2010. You will be sorely missed and never forgotten.
Jim80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 05:33 PM   #5
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
WaffleJaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas,TX (DFW)
Posts: 2,212
Default

As a matter-o-fact...me and the wife might be in columbus,ohio for a few days in Septemebr to visit her friend...dont know how far that is from ya.....i know nothing of that state,cities,lakes....were looking into travel expense now.....ill post more,when i know more....cant do a weekend,but maybe like a day...even 1/2 a day would be great!!
__________________
[nelsoncustomrods.com]
WaffleJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 05:49 PM   #6
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
islandbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WA State
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
And then swing over to the east coast to get me ?


Jim

And then to Western Washington to pick me up?
__________________
ARX "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." Doug Larson (Shimano 2005 Reel Catalog)
islandbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 06:09 PM   #7
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

man we need someone with a private plane rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 06:20 PM   #8
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

HAHAHAHAH. what is this...pre-fishing for the 2010 event?
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 06:32 PM   #9
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

yea thats the ticket, move the next years event to patoka lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 06:47 PM   #10
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

I'm not sure...some of our Southern boys might have withdrawal symptoms if they didn't get to hack through some hydrilla.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 07:47 PM   #11
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jonesville, Indiana
Posts: 3,597
Default

Sounds like the makings of a Patoka Lake Rodeo to me!

Since we're making plans for the month of October, I would say we need to be looking at the weekend of 10th and 11th or the following weekend of the 17th and 18th. Any time after this, and the bass bite gets really iffy; let just say you got to work A LOT harder to get them to bite. I fished Patoka the third week of october last year, and it seemed like I was the only basser on the lake, most of guys I saw out there were fishing for bream.


~Mark

EDIT: JB, I misread your post about October. Late September would be even better, how's the 26th and 27th of September sound?

Last edited by woody; 08-12-09 at 09:09 PM.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 06:02 AM   #12
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,655
Default

Sounds good to me, I'll run it by Denny and MRs. Denny rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 10:49 AM   #13
Nater1300
BassFishin.Com Member
 
Nater1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 49
Default

Too bad I'll be fishin in Canada around that time
Patoka's only 300mi from me.
Nater1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 12:34 PM   #14
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Sounds like the makings of a Patoka Lake Rodeo to me!

Since we're making plans for the month of October, I would say we need to be looking at the weekend of 10th and 11th or the following weekend of the 17th and 18th. Any time after this, and the bass bite gets really iffy; let just say you got to work A LOT harder to get them to bite. I fished Patoka the third week of october last year, and it seemed like I was the only basser on the lake, most of guys I saw out there were fishing for bream.


~Mark

EDIT: JB, I misread your post about October. Late September would be even better, how's the 26th and 27th of September sound?
The fishing should be pretty good in late September. The Stripers might even be biting.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 05:45 PM   #15
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
bcklash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elliston, Va.
Posts: 4,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
The fishing should be pretty good in late September. The Stripers might even be biting.
I hope one of them there stripers blows up on topwater popper and steals it from ya!!!
__________________
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. keep us free:
bcklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 05:55 PM   #16
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I hope one of them there stripers blows up on topwater popper and steals it from ya!!!
Oh he can try...but I am ready for him.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 07:11 PM   #17
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jonesville, Indiana
Posts: 3,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I hope one of them there stripers blows up on topwater popper and steals it from ya!!!
Bcklash, If it does, we'll be cussing ya!!! hahaha

...and Nater, good luck with the canucks!

Bryce, the Stripers, and Largies should be on fire, late September!


~Mark

Last edited by woody; 08-13-09 at 11:06 PM. Reason: grammar nazis
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 07:16 PM   #18
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Bryce, Stripers, and Largies should be on fire, late September!


~Mark
Hmmmm....is Woody trying to tell me that stripers and largies will be on fire?

Or that I, along with stripers and largies will be on fire? Hmmmm....I'm gonna have to keep my nose at the ready for the smell of gasoline when we're campin'.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 07:29 PM   #19
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jonesville, Indiana
Posts: 3,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Hmmmm....is Woody trying to tell me that stripers and largies will be on fire?

Or that I, along with stripers and largies will be on fire? Hmmmm....I'm gonna have to keep my nose at the ready for the smell of gasoline when we're campin'.
Don't worry Bryce; my Dad taught me better, than to play with gasoline around the campfire.


~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 10:46 PM   #20
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
bamabassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: cedar bluff, alabama
Posts: 15,292
Default

well you guys just better post up some pics if ya'll make it. now here i am primng the walls and gonna paint walls all FREAKING WEEKEND! so if oyu all do this thing, you BETTER POST THE PICS FOR ME! have fun for real guys.
__________________
so many lures, so little time.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 11:45 PM   #21
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jonesville, Indiana
Posts: 3,597
Default

We'll do that Bama.

You know that you and Lisa are more than welcome to come up and fish and camp with us for the weekend. Your welcome to fish from my boat if ya like. You could even check out the RV while your here.


~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 12:04 AM   #22
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
bcklash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elliston, Va.
Posts: 4,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
We'll do that Bama.

You know that you and Lisa are more than welcome to come up and fish and camp with us for the weekend. Your welcome to FISH FROM MY BOAT

if ya like. You could even check out the RV while your here.


~Mark
I don't think Bama can swim!!!
__________________
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. keep us free:
bcklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 12:13 AM   #23
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

ROFL...this has 2009 Event v2.0 written all over it.
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 06:17 AM   #24
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran
 
woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jonesville, Indiana
Posts: 3,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I don't think Bama can swim!!!
Well Bama had better learn, if Bama's gonna be fishin' from my boat!


~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 09:19 AM   #25
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite
 
nofearengineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest IN
Posts: 5,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Well Bama had better learn, if Bama's gonna be fishin' from my boat!


~Mark
Marc, don't you mean "fly?"
__________________
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2013 BassFishin.Com LLC