Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-03-05, 06:57 PM   #1
realinmin
BassFishin.Com Member

Default please help!

hey i live in virginia, and there is this man-made pond the streches pretty far.
Me and my friends go down there all the time. we dont have a nice boat or anything. we just fish from the grass but there are branches and fallin tress all aroung the outline of the pond.But there are fish out there cus ive cought some pretty decent largemouth. only using worms and such.. it gets pretty hot out there and the water it pretty clear.i can see the bottem and 2 feet from the goass were we fish off of...but i was wonderif anybody may have some tips that i could maybe use to real some more in..

p.s you catch a fish probably catch 3 fish out of the 5 times you go..

just looking for some pointers
thank you very much!

realinmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 07:04 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Dont let the fish see you! where dark clothes. Find out what colors they like. Then try a stick bait in that color if u havent already. use line they cant see also.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 11:31 PM   #3
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454ss
Dont let the fish see you! where dark clothes. Find out what colors they like. Then try a stick bait in that color if u havent already. use line they cant see also.
No offence, I personally have an opinion on "where dark clothes". I would say natural color, such as grey green or light brown rather than dark color. I think dark color helps bass to make a perfect silhouette. Bass is really concerned with dark color silhouette, such as the shadow of big birds. They generally have a great ability to see or to use the dark color to identify a sihouette of things: body, shadow of birds and fishing lures! I think that's why Lizard always recommends Black Jitterbug at night fishing, because the noise attracts bass and the black color still helps bass to focus on the silhouette of the lure even when they can not see well at night.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 11:56 PM   #4
454ss

oops lol thats actually what i meant but good job, also SHADE is also good help for finding then fish and them not seeing you.
Old 09-04-05, 05:45 AM   #5
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I agree with H2o. Where light blue shirts (matches the sky which is what they see when looking up) and as far as walking rememeber ......WALK SOFTLY and carry a casting rod. Fish feel the vibes from you walking so be very light footed. This comes from years of fishin small ponds around home. Use lures that imitate the baitfish in the water and if no hits then go to extreme colors. Usually works for me in clear water. I have noticed that if you use natural colors in clear water for the most part just go bigger or smaller it usually does the job. Whe it doesnt then I go for the wilder colors to show them something different. Either way the bass will let you know what they want.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-05, 07:55 AM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yep i agree with laser just watch for a bass to show up with a sign that reads 7" culprit junebug worm.. then you will know what to use...lmao....

zooker
Old 09-04-05, 08:33 AM   #7
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

H2O,

Way to remember. LOL

Wade out into the water, that way you can cast parralel to the shoreline. If you are out to just catch fish, then use shiners. a Good jerk bait or fluke, in shad or bluegill colors works well usually in clear water, along with darker colored lizards. Clear water can be tough, but usually if I downsize to 4" worms, on a drop shop or weightless plastics I can still catch some nice fish.

Lizards
Old 09-04-05, 11:38 AM   #8
454ss

Also try 7.5" Culprit Tomato worm ive been to this one clear pond and thats all ive caught fish on and it wasnt jsut one fish it was like 12 and this has happend more than once.
Old 09-05-05, 04:01 AM   #9
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You know I havent seen the bass with the signs yet. Still cant figure out where in the h@#$ they would hold the little signs...but as stated before I guess I posess the power of the great Dr. Doolittle.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.