Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-13, 01:42 PM   #1
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default GoPro cam mount and external battery

i did a short video showing my GoPro cam mount and external battery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqq3n...bB0BRQ&index=1
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 04:39 PM   #2
jamesh99
BassFishin.Com Member

nice video
jamesh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 08:58 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i gotta tell you man...YOU are one VERY clever man!! folks like oyu show ME things i never could have figured out how to do. THANK you !! one of these days i HOPE to have a camera like that...even if it is to show off the DINKS i catch,lol. and oyur boat is truly awesum. i envy your eniginuity. i kow, spelling ain't right,lol.
Old 04-11-13, 09:58 PM   #4
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Video would not play for me. I was interested in seeing it too, as I'm waiting on parts from RAM to put my camera boom together. Dang parts are backordered, seems anything related to a Go Pro camera is premium priced, hard to get, and generally a PITA to figure out because they don't give you any dang manual - you have to go on-line, find it and print out what you want. It may save them money over printing and putting a manual in the box with the camera, but to me for the price they sell them for a manual should not be an OPTION! I'm still in the beginning stages of getting the camera to work the way I want it, but I am little disappointed after shelling out $400 (and that did NOT include an SD card, without which the camera won't even turn on - another $50.00). The battery (self contained) won't last an hour either, so you better buy several, plus chargers or figure out external power like Shawn did (but I didn't get to see it) - another $60.00 minimum. I'm still having issues downloading video from the camera - I think I may know what the issue is, need more time to test and solve that issue. My experience has not yet begun to match the hype surrounding this product, after I get to play with it a month or so that may change - stay tuned.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-11-13 at 10:05 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 12:21 AM   #5
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Video would not play for me. I was interested in seeing it too, as I'm waiting on parts from RAM to put my camera boom together. Dang parts are backordered, seems anything related to a Go Pro camera is premium priced, hard to get, and generally a PITA to figure out because they don't give you any dang manual - you have to go on-line, find it and print out what you want. It may save them money over printing and putting a manual in the box with the camera, but to me for the price they sell them for a manual should not be an OPTION! I'm still in the beginning stages of getting the camera to work the way I want it, but I am little disappointed after shelling out $400 (and that did NOT include an SD card, without which the camera won't even turn on - another $50.00). The battery (self contained) won't last an hour either, so you better buy several, plus chargers or figure out external power like Shawn did (but I didn't get to see it) - another $60.00 minimum. I'm still having issues downloading video from the camera - I think I may know what the issue is, need more time to test and solve that issue. My experience has not yet begun to match the hype surrounding this product, after I get to play with it a month or so that may change - stay tuned.
Boogie i sent you a pm
Old 04-12-13, 12:26 AM   #6
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i gotta tell you man...YOU are one VERY clever man!! folks like oyu show ME things i never could have figured out how to do. THANK you !! one of these days i HOPE to have a camera like that...even if it is to show off the DINKS i catch,lol. and oyur boat is truly awesum. i envy your eniginuity. i kow, spelling ain't right,lol.
Bama thanks i appreciate that. i know it's not a bass boat but i try
Old 04-12-13, 07:20 AM   #7
bassboogieman

The video loaded and played today - go figure. I like the external battery, I think I will do that as I have a battery & all I need is a USB charger with a cigarette plug end (they make one for charging in the car) which, I think, would continually charge the Go Pro. I also watched the "lost 10 lb bass, that must have been a heart breaker.

Shawn, I got the PM - thanks, I'll do that later today.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 07:50 PM   #8
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

crankbait...it may not be a "bassboat" per say....but believe me when i say i would fish on it ANYTIME pal. in a LOT of ways i see where your rig is actually BETTER than a "boat". one can move around better than in a boat for one.
Old 04-13-13, 03:00 AM   #9
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
crankbait...it may not be a "bassboat" per say....but believe me when i say i would fish on it ANYTIME pal. in a LOT of ways i see where your rig is actually BETTER than a "boat". one can move around better than in a boat for one.
thanks bama....i'm still trying to get it right floor cover and net holder but i'm liking it
Old 04-13-13, 07:42 AM   #10
WatterBoy

Wow, that is really a sweet set-up, Shawn! Thanks for sharing.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 12:53 PM   #11
66KingFisher

That is a cool setup dude.....Those GoPro cameras take some decent video too

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.