Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-05, 06:47 PM   #1
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16
Default Absolutely best worm.

Since I am going to be worm fishing alot this summer, I want your absolutely positively without a shadow of a doubt best worm and how you rig it ,line size weight size would be helpful for the very best results . :-/ P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 06:52 PM   #2
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: Absolutely best worm.

Ahhh never worm fish but something here caught my attention......arent you a YABB god?
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 06:56 PM   #3
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

I was twice a YABB God. I am not worthy of God status.Thank you for taking the time to answer my post though. P N J
Old 05-22-05, 07:15 PM   #4
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

now who is starting the "what is your favorite bait" bull crap now??

wait is the pnj bite THAT sucky this year??
may be you should just remove all of your bass tackle -send it to zooker po box 369 south denton nc- and go about the buziness of buying TROUT tackle..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 07:25 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

you guessed it......tiki dipstik in red shad/bug/chartruese tip. rigged either weightless/weedless or weedless with a bullet weight pegged about 6'' up from the hook. nick, he switched his name for about 30 minutes awhile back. he did this because some other guy had basically the same name. now he is working his way back up the ladder. ;D
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 07:29 PM   #6
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Zooker, I think if you had a way to cast a gold colored hook out they would bite it before you could retrieve it back to the boat. The water is 62 degrees on Honeoye, 54 degrees on Keuka and they are in the early spawning stages. I just want to get away from the jig and fish other lures so I can remember when and where to fish them ,than rely on the jig as much as I do. P N J
Old 05-22-05, 07:35 PM   #7
Eddie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Eddie

i personally love the original flavor 7 inch purple power worm on a 3/16 jobee pro hook.i do use other colors but this works best most of the time.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 08:13 PM   #8
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

for numbers, any purple senko style worm weightless or wacky weightless with the thinnest flurocarbon the conditions will allow.

for big hawgs, a texas rigged 10 inch charlies grape worm, bounce that weight off the bottom in the deepest water you can find. On a hot day if you're in the deepest part of the lake, you may very well likely pull up the biggest fish in the lake. Pull it in about a foot every 15-20 seconds, that worm will float just above the bottom, that big tail will just drive the hawgs crazy.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 08:18 PM   #9
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

Manns Junebug worm is the ticket up here on those hot summber days..its a oldie but a goodie
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 08:43 PM   #10
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

[quote author=pig_n_jig link=board=news;num=1116798421;start=0#0 date=05/22/05 at 17:47:01]Since I am going to be worm fishing alot this summer, I want your absolutely positively without a shadow of a doubt best worm [/quote]
Best worm? Do you even have to ask?

New lure out-fishes live bait 3 to 1;
could be banned from tournaments.

mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 08:44 PM   #11
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

okay,
i know that most will say not to use this but it worked great for me! Berkly GULP! sinking minnow in a black with red flake color, Rig it wacky on a 1/0 baitholder or a 2/0 depending on your preference. Use a medium heavy rod. I was using 8lb spiderline xxx, but since your fishing big waters i would say 30lb power pro
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 08:51 PM   #12
bronzebackguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bronzebackguy

mine would have to be a 4" kamikazee worm in junebug on a drop shot rig
bronzebackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 09:16 PM   #13
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Powerbait 6" Pulse Worm in Greenpumpkin, but since they don't make those any more, I would say the 4" Pulse Worm in greenpumpkin, but they don't make that color anymore, so I say Watermelon with red flakes, you can order them form Berkley direct. Or just PM me your address, and I'll send you some to try out, if you don't like them, your not out anything to try them out.

JB,

PM me your address I have so many stick baits, I'll never use them all. I'll send you a variety of them to try, Kinami, Yamamoto, YUM, Wave Wroms, Bummer etc... I usually only use them when Mojo rigging.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-05, 11:03 PM   #14
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

My favorite would have to be a 10 1/2" Zoom Ol Monster
in blueberry rigged texas style with a 1/8 oz. weight. The small weight gives it a slow fall and doesn't get hung in weeds.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 03:04 AM   #15
jaredangie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jaredangie

I catch alot of fish on power worms.

Pumpkinseed and black are two of my favorites! Pumkinseed on moonlite nights and black on the new moon nights.
jaredangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 03:32 AM   #16
jdkc
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jdkc

Yeah i'm new to this thing you call bass fishing. Usually its catfish for me. Didn't know there was this much involved. Learn something new everyday I suppose.
jdkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 08:52 AM   #17
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

ummm... 7.5in red shad culprit OR 5" junebug senko OR black emerald trick worm... thats about it, all have given me many many fish.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 08:56 AM   #18
mblk181
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mblk181

4 inch, grasshopper color, Original Ringworm marketed by www.buehlersales.com........they are the marketers for Luck E Strike lures. Â*The "Original" has a nice ribbon tail, the other has a hooktail.

I fish this worm on the Snagless Slider Head, original slider hook, not the new Pro Series.....1/16 ounce on 6 lb Berkley Sensation or Berkley XL line.....using a slow, on the bottom presentation.....slow crank, then wait 10 to 15 seconds, then another s l o w crank.....

I use the smaller Razor Worm weightless on a number 1 or 2 hook (gammy) for slow fall presentations...same company, same color.
mblk181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 10:15 AM   #19
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

You want to spend the money, Senkos rule for the horizontal fall and wacky rig.

Stikos are great for a little slower fall and as a more durable, jerkworm. Both are used with no weight and texposed using a wide gap hook.

Watermelon and flakes, chartreuse and pepper and pearl, cover all seasons and water color.

There are better worms and lizards for weight-forward uses, on bottom, as well as finesse worms for dropshot, but for covering large areas, I like the thick 5" jerkworm the best.

Rarely use skirted jigs and haven't caught bass on them for years. What size, color and trailer do you use?
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 04:47 PM   #20
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

Red shad Culprit...Violet Mr. Twister...Red shad and watermelon seed Tiki-Stik
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 08:42 PM   #21
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the responses.At the moment I am pretty well set, Bassfisher02 sent me a ton of Charlies 8" ribbontail worms in assorted colors.What has got me started was he sent packs of the Charlies brand products, and I caught my personal best bass 7.8 lbs on the 8" worm in 40 degree water temperature.Thanks 002. ;D Senko Sam, I use 3/4 oz. jigs most of the time.I prefer Black/red skirt overall except when the fronts have them locked up, I switch to a 1-1 1/2 oz. jig in green pumpkin or green craw skirt. The other color I use is brown in the fall time ,it cannot be beaten. I really like the Yamamoto baby craw , Zoom Lil' critter craw, Bass Pro shop 3" tournament craw as a trailer choice in most situations. I jope this helps. P N J
Old 05-23-05, 08:44 PM   #22
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

PnJ, I hadn't responded, but I would have said Charlies. They make very good worms, I like them for flipping.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 09:45 PM   #23
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I got turned on to the Producto 4 inch worm and used that almost all the time for shallow lakes n the river
it came in the most popular colors and had the flat paddle tail and about every 1/2 inch of the body had a fold in it to make the worm move.
I think the company went out of business, the were out of Fla and some guy in my club always got them for me.
The 4 inch worm in any brand is over looked by many, its a good one to go to during hot summer days
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 11:18 PM   #24
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

no problem PNJ. 8)
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-05, 12:33 AM   #25
bassguy2004

The best worm is the one you have the confidence in. My "best" worm is a Berkley 10" power worm in black with a 3/16 oz weight pegged. I know it seems like over kill, but I've caught many fish on them when others fail.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.