Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-06-09, 01:19 PM   #26
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Its like a canal not a lake or a pond. Not pressured at all, besides me lol. I haven't fished there for a few weeks and I think I might hit it up this weekend.
As for why they are still on beds, I don't know but they are and there are a lot of them. Also you can see schools of them in the middle.
I'll give a report this weekend,
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 04:14 PM   #27
bassassasin
BassFishin.Com Member

nobody believes me when i say this but try LIVE BAIT. I was fishing up at a state park in ohio on the bay and had been there so far 3 hrs. w/ no bites so i got my panfish rod and went for crappie. The spot was great 5ft of open water then kinda loose lilly pads for 100 yards first cast at lilly edge bass nails it. As i bring it in it gets close to me and as I bend down to get it it thrashes line snaps it gets away. I also had a few other bass bite but I missed them.
bassassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-09, 06:16 AM   #28
DonaldBreland

Its weird to see a bass on a bed in august in Florida. are you sure that they are on the beds or are they sitting next to trees and stuff like that. If they are on the beds which I can't see that, then try fishing a white jig with a yellow trailer. I like 1/4 oz. If they are hitting top water then throw a LockLizard Lure. They are different and hardly anyone fishes them right now. If you still are having problems catching fish try this method in Florida. If the water is clear throw a pumpkin seed finesse worm on 10 lb floro. If the water is dark colored. try throwing a redbug or a green pumpkin finesse(something darker but natural) worm. If the water is stained try throwing a chartreuse pepper finesse worm. The weight have to be black for me and no bigger than 1/8 oz with 1/16 being my go to size. Fish it with a study but slow hop. just bounce it off the bottom with a pause every 20 seconds for about 5 seconds. If you ever need advice please email me at donaldbreland@gmail.com

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.