Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-11, 09:16 PM   #1
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Lets define "finesse fishing"

Seems to me that a lot of people have misconceptions about the difference between power fishing and finesse. Since this forum has 5 or 10 times more guests than members I thought it might be a worthy topic to discuss/clarify.
Finesse fishing is usually thought of as light line/little lure/spinning gear.
Power fishing=heavy line/full size lure/baitcasting gear.
While both of those may apply I see it differently. If I tell my partner we're about to turn the TM on low/med and leave it there while we work down a 1/2 mile creek channel with deep cranks, 12lb flouro spooled on Curado 300's that is Power fishing. If I tell them we're about to anchor at the end of a rocky point and work every inch of the drop with a 4" weightless senko on 6lb test spooled on a Stradic 2500 thats finesse. But I think more important than lure/line/tackle is the mindset. If I'm moving fast looking for those high percentage spots or covering water in a hurry trying to pattern fish ...I'm power fishing regardless of the bait. If I'm trying to "hand feed" bass that I know are there, again regardless of bait, I'm finesse fishing.Can you power fish with #5 Floating Rapala and finesse with a spinnerbait? Can you power fish while anchored or finesse on high?
I would love to hear your thoughts on this and I think it would help a lot of our "guests" as well.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.