Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-17-09, 02:05 PM   #1
TRUMAN BASSER
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Hot Rod

Having the right rod for the situation is always a plus. You are just going to have a more efficient presentation and you are going to be able to land a lot more fish over the course of the year. I really suggest that you try and get the best rods that you can afford because it will make a big difference in how many fish you catch.
For flipping I have had a lot of success this year with the AiRRUS Co-Matrix 457 rod in the 7 foot length in a medium heavy action. I really like this rod for flipping because of the fast action and the backbone which allows me to set the hook hard and get the fish out and away from cover. I feel that a 7 foot rod is the perfect length because it gives me a lot of leverage and I can catch up to the fish fast. The rod is also a great rod for throwing frogs around grass or stroking jigs out on structure. The rods been really durable. I've boat flipped 4lbers with this thing. The guides have also held up to the abuse that braid can put on the life of a rod. It is clear that this rod is really durable and just a great every day rod.
If you've ever done much cranking you know that at times it can be hard to keep bass hooked up. I've been able to land a whole lot more fish this year on crankbaits because of the Copperhead Cranking Stick from AiRRUS. When you first pick up this rod it is extremely light so I'm able to make a lot more casts in a days time and I don't get worn out. The 7 foot length and the action of the rod allows me to make long casts and keep my bait in the strike zone. When a fish eats your crankbait the action on the rod gives the fish time to get the bait deep in his mouth. This is the best rod for throwing a wiggle wart or a similar size crankbait that I've ever fished. A lot of the time the fish get the bait so good that it is completely out of site when you go to unhook them. When you go to pick up a rod for cranking make sure you've got a longer rod for making long casts and that the rod has a softer tip with some backbone.
If I'm not flipping or cranking the rod that really shines for me is a 6 foot 8 AiRRUS Ultra XL in the medium heavy action. The rod is the perfect length and action for casting spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and soft plastics around boat docks and laydowns. With a little bit shorter rod you can make those accurate casts. The rod has a softer tip which also makes it great for throwing lighter flourocarbon lines to shallow targets. I really like this rod for tossing smaller jigs too and plastics. If you like to fish with Revo baitcasters this rod is great because it balances perfectly with that reel and needs no adjustment even though the rod has a stopper for adding weight if you need it.
TRUMAN BASSER is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.