Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-10-12, 12:14 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Saw Kriet on Fishing Texas show

He was telling about his Triton Boat, guess shows sponser.
Anyway he went to the front and pointing to the HYDROWAVE and said it was a must. Then went to the rear and grabed the power pole and said it was a must. This was his tourney boat.
You know he and Vandam own hydro but you know competitive fishing. They all got power polls and I think they ALL have a hydros too.

So for you anti Alabama Rig for tourney folks, what do you think about this.
Man to me tossing a heavy arse Alabama all day is more competitive then calling the fish to the boat.
I'm pretty sure you can't chum in tournies and the logic behind no Alabama is that it's a technique, not a lure. Can't troll in tournies and you can't Alabama Rig because the officials felt it was similar to trolling.
Well chuming...hydrowaving, kind similar right?

I really have no conviction on either topic but it maybe fun to discuss. This isn't about do they work, rather about should they be allowed.
You notice not alot of them are mentioning it at weight in or post tourny interviews including VanDam and Kriet and I flat out guarntee you they both have them on all the time thier fishing tournies. If they don't mention anything about them my feeling is they want to kind of keep it non public knowledge type a thing.
Would everyone have the same feelings about VanDam if they thought electronics were calling in the fish.
How many KVD square bill sales would be lost and for that matter any new lure especially the high buck ones would be lost.
You think thier other sponsers like Strke Kiing and such make them keep quiet do to fear of lost sales.
It wasn't the tourney fisherman who wanted the Alabama banned it was fear of public scrutiny and the fear anyone including no talents like me could compete on even basis. In other words, 'It's not the fishermans talent that makes him great, it's the equipment'.
So what do you all think?
Old 05-10-12, 01:21 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I don't like the Alabama rig. I bought one when they started getting big but I said then that I wouldn't throw it until I came to a conclusion on how I felt about it. Since then I have decided that I don't like it and the Alabama rig I bought hasn't seen water. Aside from the bait looking like a school of baitfish, I have seen several fish that were caught on it and almost all of them had several of the hooks hanging out of them from the fight to the boat. I just don't see how that can do anything but harm fish.

On the flip side I don't have a problem with the Hydrowave. Does it call in fish by sounding like baitfish? Maybe, but it doesn't cause physical damage to a fish like 4 jigheads hanging out of it's gills would. And if anyone says that the Hydrowave is unethical because it sounds like baitfish, they should get rid of every bait they own that has rattles in it because the rattles serve the same purpose.
Old 05-10-12, 01:36 PM   #3
Deverez
BassFishin.Com Member

I agree with Joedog on this. It seems to be an electronic 'chumming' device.

Personally, I think both the A-rig and the Hydrowave are cheesy ways to catch fish. How can anyone be satisfied with themselves after using either of these?

I disagree with using Hydrowave. The attraction should be caused by you/your lure... not your boat.

Between the A-rig and Hydrowave, you might as well be electrofishing.
Deverez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 03:19 PM   #4
joedog

Kory your a tourny fisher and from my studies a pretty good one. So are all the Pros using them or just Kriet and VanDam?
Old 05-10-12, 06:52 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

I think a good many pro's have hydro waves. They dont make fish jump in the boat. And to tell the truth, I think it's gimmicky. "it doesn't have to catch fish, just fisherman".

If you think anything is a perfect fish catcher (other than electricity or dynamite), you have been successfully hooked by commercials.

It takes a lot of skill to find and catch consistently on lakes you have never fished at all corners of the country. It's not the equipment.
Old 05-10-12, 07:23 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverez View Post
I agree with Joedog on this. It seems to be an electronic 'chumming' device.

Personally, I think both the A-rig and the Hydrowave are cheesy ways to catch fish. How can anyone be satisfied with themselves after using either of these?

I disagree with using Hydrowave. The attraction should be caused by you/your lure... not your boat.

Between the A-rig and Hydrowave, you might as well be electrofishing.
I think there is a difference between the Alabama rig and the Hydrowave. You said that your lure should catch the fish, not the boat. All the Hydrowave does is simulate the sound of baitfish. It at best, will put the fish in a feeding mode. I don't see where it does anything different than rattles in a crankbait does, it just does it a little better. You still have to get the right bait in front of the fish to get bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Kory your a tourny fisher and from my studies a pretty good one. So are all the Pros using them or just Kriet and VanDam?
Joe, I don't own a Hydrowave nor do I personally know anyone who does. As far as the pros using it, yes a lot of them do but there are also a lot of them who don't. Kreit and Vandam bought the company and changed the name to Hydrowave from Biosonix. It's not a new product by any means but from what I hear they have made big improvements to it.
Old 05-11-12, 01:26 AM   #7
BassDood
BassFishin.Com Member

My only thought about some of these things...you add big money to the mix as far as potential winnings and just about anything goes. About the dollars. I don't care for any of it...but whatever.
BassDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 08:44 PM   #8
bassinbob

I think to be able to use the hydrowave it should be attached to the lure. Just like rattles.
Old 05-17-12, 07:08 AM   #9
Mumpy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Another reason I like Major League Fishing, Everyone has the same Boat rigged the Same way with the Same Maps. Takes out the My Sponsors are better than your Sponsors and I have better stuff than you and that's how I catch more fish.
Old 05-17-12, 08:05 AM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumpy View Post
Another reason I like Major League Fishing, Everyone has the same Boat rigged the Same way with the Same Maps. Takes out the My Sponsors are better than your Sponsors and I have better stuff than you and that's how I catch more fish.
I agree, except Vandam is still kicking everyones *** LOL.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.