Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-04-12, 06:08 PM   #1
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default help fishing lake

the lake here is split into 2 lakes, not very big on either side. the west lake (trolling only) is approx. acres and the east lake (skiers, tubes and jet skis) is approx. 163 acres. i havent fished the west lake very much, normally just go where i can run my big motor. on the east lake theres a lot of grass, not a lot of timber laying in the water but there is some. ive heard theres only about 4 spots that r offshore that hold any bass and the lake is way over fished. only way ive caught them lately is on a ribbit frog on top the grass. the lake is about 18 ft in the middle. not sure what else to try or where to try it. any ideas would b helpful
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 07:23 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Try pitchin a t rigged soft plastic like a Craw Papi or beaver bait with a 3/8 oz tungsten weight pegged to the hook. Find the thick weedbeds near deepeer water and main lake points and pitch that bait right down inside any open pockets and work it on the bottom. That is probably my favorite way to find bass on heavily fished lakes, other than night fishing when others have gone home.
Old 06-04-12, 10:26 PM   #3
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i met a guy last week that has helped me a lot but would still like to figure some other things out. he likes to flip a green pumpkin chigger craw with a pegged 3/8 weight. only thing ive caught like that is the 3 bluegill i hooked tonight haha. tried a crankbait on a ledge tonight and caught a small white bass. had a nice bass blow up on a frog but i got ancy and pulled it away.
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.