Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 02-19-05, 06:04 PM   #26
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles
Default Re: Whos ready for some nascar racin

If they just left earlier, they wouldn't hafta go so fast
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-05, 09:18 PM   #27
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Our man Tony should have won.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-05, 10:31 PM   #28
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to housework101

Man I hate that Gordon :-/
He is a hell of a wheel though.
Tony was robbed,and where did that snot nosed Busch come from >
housework101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-05, 11:26 PM   #29
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

"Daytona.......The house that Gordon built!"

Herb,
Tony wasn't robbed, he was beat fair and square! Please don't make up excuses in an attempt to ruin a great race, it was a shootout, plain and simple!

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 03:07 PM   #30
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

Well looky looky! Gordon pulls it off! As usual that was a pretty awesome finish. Those restrictor plate races have to be the most exciting races to watch.

For those of you who thought Tony should have won...he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you look at a lot of the races in the past, the guy who wins normally comes from the top five and makes the pass in the last 5 or 6 laps. They'll get a heck of a draft and the guy in the front gets 'sucked' back into the pack, and then all heck breaks loose!

Way to go 24! 8)
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 07:32 PM   #31
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

In the last 3 laps I was hoping for anyone to beat Gordon. I didn't care who as long as he went down but my wish didn't come true.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 07:39 PM   #32
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

What the hell happend to [glow=red,2,300] JR [/glow] he had it, then he let it go I don't know what the hell he did, but I'm going to call him tomorrow and tell him to wise'n up!

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 12:22 AM   #33
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

I think JR would have won if it wasnt for them dang restarts. I was happy with 3rd, he wasn't in the picture most of the race until the end. Felt bad for Waltrip, he had a good car and was in contention most of the race. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 01:30 AM   #34
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

Kybasser there hasn't been a great race at Daytona since they started plate racing.
I would pay $1000 for a ticket to sit on a porta john in the infield of Bristol before I would go to Daytona for free.
Old 02-22-05, 11:56 AM   #35
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Herb,
Well your intitled to your own opinion :-/.

Kybasser
Old 02-22-05, 01:31 PM   #36
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

hell herb there has not been a good race since they put the restricker plates on. they have what 6 plate races a year and those are the boringest races of the year.

1000 bucks to sit on a porta jon ?? you mean to tell me they have an open porta jon at bristol???

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 07:29 PM   #37
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah zooker I know but I only got to go to Bristol one time and it was long before Nascar went hollywood.
$1000 prolly isn't enough nowadays :-/

To be honest I would rather drive the 2 1/2 hrs from my house to the knoxville nats and watch the sprint cars than any Nascar race.
Old 02-22-05, 10:05 PM   #38
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

what is "restrictor plates" ??? anyways instead of watching the race i went fishing in deland. got caught in traffic in the mourning but wasnt to bad. i was listening to the race on the radio. the f-15's were circleling the area we were fishing before they shoot in for the flyover. they came pretty low and the boat started shakin and the water was vibrating cause of the noise. man they are loud. btw i didnt catch anything :-/. but it was fun.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 11:05 AM   #39
danrw84
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to danrw84

On the big tracks they put 'restrictor plates' on the carburetors to reduce the horsepower, which reduces the speed, for 'safety' purposes. That is why you see the cars 2 and 3 wide the entire race. It's almost like watching an IROC race with all the cars being the same. Personally, I don't think it improves safety because when somebody wrecks they take out 5-10 other cars with them. You have to admit though, when those babies hit the high banks, the train they form is pretty awesome to watch. It' like a huge snake slithering around the track.
danrw84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 11:24 AM   #40
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a question. Does anyone on this thread collect Diecasts? I am thinking about getting into collecting, and just wanted to hear some info about it. There are a lot of cool diecasts out there. Just seeing if anyone is collecting or not ;D.

Kybasser
Old 03-08-05, 08:31 PM   #41
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

Ky,
most people think its retarded but i do collect diecasts, currently have about 200 pieces. I have alot of earnhardt stuff,both junior and senior, and alot of other drivers. It can be pricey, but what i paid has doubled its price in collectors value. If you want more info send me a message
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 01:35 PM   #42
fish_kid_14
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fish_kid_14

Ky: Me too. Been a Nascar junkie for years and have been into diecast collecting as long. Sold off a huge collection a few years back but maintained my favorites and still admire them today. Have lots of other NASCAR collectibles as well. Sam Bass signed art and such. Just be careful and buy what you like. Trying to predict the market is like buying stocks, dangerous. I have some Ernie Irvan stuff that is virtually worthless today it seems. My philosophy about collecting: If you like it go for it just don't consider it an investment. NASCAR is a great spectator sport and I love it on TV but, as many have said, nothing compares to being trackside on race day. Boogity! Boogity! Boogity! to quote my favorite TV commentator. I like all Hendricks drivers racing today lead by J. G and J. J. Good topic, keep it going guys. 8)
fish_kid_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 05:01 PM   #43
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

I decided I would just continue to spend my money supporting my fishing addiction instead of nascar collectibles. Maybe someday I'll get into it but for right now my money is tied up elsewhere ;D.

Kybasser
Old 03-15-05, 06:41 PM   #44
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i know a guy thats got one of those monte carlo special edition earnhardt cars. a real working car. they only made like 60 of them or something. he's also got a loud of earnhardt collectables. im sure he's got atleast more than 10000 dollars in those collectibles not including the real car
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 09:16 PM   #45
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

I can't believe this topic is as dead as it is,especially considering how many good ole boy's obviously frequent this site.
I have some trivia if anyone's intreseted.
In 1989 I was racing a dirt latemodel here in IA,at one of the local shows there were two current Nextel Cup driver's in my heat,anybody guess wich two?
I actually beat one that night.
Old 03-17-05, 10:11 PM   #46
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

[quote author=herb link=board=Tourneys;num=1108511172;start=25#44 date=03/17/05 at 19:16:05]I can't believe this topic is as dead as it is,especially considering how many good ole boy's obviously frequent this site.
I have some trivia if anyone's intreseted.
In 1989 I was racing a dirt latemodel here in IA,at one of the local shows there were two current Nextel Cup driver's in my heat,anybody guess wich two?
I actually beat one that night. [/quote]
Well I'm goin with Ken Schrader and his buddy Krusty Walnuts.
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 03:18 PM   #47
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

Man a winner already,I knew there were some real fans lurking somewhere
On this paticular night Krusty fell victim to a bump and run that sent him over the bank and on his side,schrader went on to spank the field.
Old 03-18-05, 11:07 PM   #48
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

Herb I Live in DuQuoin Il. Home of the magic mile. Kenny runs an Arca car here every year and he drags Tony around sometimes. Man can Stewart drive the wheels off that thing. I like dirt racing as much maybe more than NASCAR. Krusty was a lucky guess I just knew the two were buddies. Heck I'm only an hour and a half away from I 55 raceway. Thats kenny's track you know. I've been lucky enough to see some great dirt drivers Bloomquist, Babb, Moyer and have you ever seen Jeff Purvis run a late model? This might be hard to believe cuz he stunk so bad in Busch, but I think Jeff Purvis is probly the best dirt driver I've ever seen.
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 11:35 PM   #49
housework101
BassFishin.Com Member

I have heard of all the guys you mentoned but never met any of them,Tony S can flat wheel anything he gets in,even a remote control car.He owns a comany that manufactures high end remote control race cars.
Kenny Schrader is a true racecar driver,the guy races atleast four days a week.
ASA is a good series,lots of great drivers involved and a decent enough program that guys can survive without selling the farm.
I am definatly a dirt track fan,but I do like the paved short track races almost as much.
If you ever want to see some good dirt track racing check out the modified nats in Boone Ia sometime,those boys flat git r done.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.