Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-11, 09:05 PM   #1
Fish30114
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Suffix 832 field results

I figured I'd start a new thread for this, I had commented on Crankbaits thread 'Love of Braid' that I was about to spool up a reel with the new roll of 832 I had purchased.

In short--bleccchhh!! I am a fan of Suffix stuff usually so bear that in mind, but I really disliked the 832 braid.

I don't fish a lot of braid, but have 3 rigs spooled with it, 2 spinners and one baitcaster. The baitcaster is my new Lews, their entry level model. It had Fireline Crystal Line on it, and an unfortunate loan out of it necessatated respooling quicker than I planned. I put the new 832 on this rig and it flat out performed poorly. It didn't cast anywhere near as smooth as powerpro or the Fireline Crystal Line, and it was also MUCH louder than either of the other two, especially the Fireline Crystal. It also 'puffed up' after only about 4 casts, and was very difficult to manage, tried to backlash much more than the Fireline previously on this rig, and developed wind knots, and was just generally more difficult to manage.

It did feel more round, but frankly that is secondary in perfromance to me. It didn't seem more or less difficult to tie knots with, and I didn't experience any unexpected breakage with it........in short, I don't even know the price comparison, but both the Fireline and the 832 ain't cheap, but I will NOT be buying any more 832 again!!--but will the Fireline.

Last edited by Fish30114; 10-19-11 at 09:16 PM.
Fish30114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.