Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-28-05, 09:47 PM   #1
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Talking strike king 3x zero

well,well,well,what do we have here.ive been fishin about 2 months with the tiki and have use over a hundred dollars just on this bait.strike king 3x worms
(not lizards) never rip,tear,and so forth and have great scent,any body use the zero???im getting tired of spending all this money,looks just like the tiki but i have never used it.
Old 09-29-05, 10:32 AM   #2
senkosam
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The Zero was not designed as a horizontal falling, soft stick - too much floatation no matter how much salt. C-rigging are the only thing the 3x series are good for because they stay well off bottom and have nice action when jerked. The Zero is also good with a split shot right at the hook eye, used as a jerkbait on the fall.

Tiki sticks are too hard for my taste and not a great knockoff. Senkos are too soft and good for only a few fish. I'm thankful I can pour my own and adjust salt to softener. My 4" Yum Dinger copy has a great action, in firm or soft, each softness has specific uses. The only stick designs I copy and use are Dinger, Senko and Senko Slim copies in 4 1/2" and 5 1/4".
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-05, 07:29 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

kh, if you go with the Zero DO NOT store them with your other plastics unless you keep them in the bag they came in. Otherwise they will cause all your other baits to melt together-they do not play well with other soft plastics.
Old 09-29-05, 07:32 PM   #4
HulaPopr

I personally like the zero. they can ;ast aout 20 bass a piece and theey've got a slow fall which can entice bass to strike in tough conditions.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-05, 10:02 PM   #5
chuck n
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm with Hulapopr. Used Zooms for years. Their flukes are good for 2 or 3 fish. Just started using 3X Ztoo flukes this summer and I love their durability. Fish can't tear them up.The Ztoo's sink at a slow rate while the zulu model is a floater. Both have served me well this summer. Best bait I've thrown in a while. I, inadvertently, left a Ztoo laying in my tacklebox and it turned into a square blob, the same shape as the tray it was laying in. LOL
Old 09-29-05, 10:50 PM   #6
Fishie

In open water 3 x works put if you have to texpose they are not the best for hooksetting.
Old 09-30-05, 12:40 PM   #7
oklahomavsgeorgia
BassFishin.Com Member

I have some 3X Zulus I got in the mail one day for FREE don't know why just happened they where in a Strike King Enelope LOL I don't have to worrie too much on speneding money on zoombait as I usualy get mine for free because my mom work for zoombait company and gets to keep what they won't use. I like most zoombait worms ect........ I will have to give my Zulus a try and see how they do. I also got some TIKI Sticks at walmart for about 2 bucks on day in Watermelon/Chart swril and plan to try them next outing when ever that will be LOL

Frank Rolen

I am Going To Work Less And Fish More! :D
oklahomavsgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.