Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-31-09, 04:51 AM   #1
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default The reality is the reality....

We all chase the illusive great bait, the perfect lure for our prey, which in fact does not exist. We in fact need to focus on our preditor, the bass, and his or her habits. The pros do this, and time and again win or do well going against what we see as a perfect bait for the situation at the time. The "we" being most average fisherman who look for the normal or the expected in a situation, all I'm saying is explore.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-09, 01:57 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah good post..... pros understand where the fish are going to be and how they are ging to react..... i was reading a thing by Boyd Duckett and he was sayin that he told his marshall in the morning what his gameplan was, and why and the marshall was amazed at the end of the day when it all went right...... stick to your gameplan.... it might take a while to unravel tho
Old 03-31-09, 02:45 PM   #3
swimbaitkid

If the plan doesn't work by noon, I just go fishing, use a bunch of different baits, and just stop were i think there are fish, i think people get too narrow minded when they are on a bite, IF it doesn't work out they are trying to make the fish bite when they are on another bite or there not there
swimbaitkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 04:19 AM   #4
CCbass

This post came to me thinking of my friend new to bass fishing, he entered bass tournements early an learned his knlowegde from them. Him fishing with me and 6 months later he was catching more fish then ever, going against the taboos of tournement fishing. To explore on our own can inrich our knownlege far beyond what others say, if they are saying the same old thing.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-09, 09:03 AM   #5
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I've only been Bass/freshwater fishing for the past 6 years. Before that it was strictly the salt. I had many preconceived ideas that including using a handful of lures that I used as a guest on my 1st few trips out on the reservoirs and where to fish. Heck, I didn't even uderstand what the spawn really is. They worked then, so that's all I used. You can just imagine how poorly I did that 1st year.

Once I started to figure out that there isn't a magic lure or lures, or that the Bass stay in one place or do the same thing all year long, I started to make progress.

One stands a better chance of catching a Bass with the wrong lure, fished the wrong way but in the right place, then the right lure and right presentation fished where there aren't any Bass.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.