Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-13-04, 07:56 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, if you didn’t know better you would think it was fall. This is unseasonable for August. I just wrote about the dog days of summer in my monthly report but it looks like we wont have them this August. I only hope this is not going to be one of those years where it will be 90 in December.
The fishing has been good with the weather holding cool. The wacky worm, small spinner baits, buzz baits, lipless crank baits, and crank baits are all working early. There are a few top water bites for the top water fishermen. When the sun has gotten up Texas and Carolina rigs are the baits I switch to around the humps, main lake points and grass. The Ten inch power worm can’t be beat on a Texas rig this time of year. Swim baits and spinner baits are good on the suspended fish. The deep diving crank baits are a good choice on the suspended fish if you like to pull a crank bait.
Remember the Mc Donald tournament is not far off. You need to be thinking about places and brushing a few spots to have you a honey hole all to your self.
I have some time open if you want to book a trip to get a few ideals.
The crappie are starting to gang up under the bridges and the timber is still holding fish if you don’t like to fish the pilings. Small jigs and minnows are the key baits. The fish are suspended about 16 to 18 feet down. You can fill your freezer for the winter.
If you wont to book a bass or crappie trip call after 7PM and we can set it up.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.