Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-25-09, 08:01 PM   #1
danielbasspro
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Any Florida Saltwater Guys?

I was fishing Tomoka State Park near Daytona and we were catching schools of croakers, and sheephead. We were in likely redfish,snook,and trout spots but noo bites from them. We used live mullet,live mojarra,live shrimp, but still nothing. So I thought I should try artificials next time so what are you guys catching reds, trout, and snook on?
Old 12-25-09, 08:51 PM   #2
muddy

I evny you s Reds and Spots! When I lived in New Orleans we fished Lake Poncitrain for them, would love a shot at some Fla.Snook

Nlorth East: Shorebound...in the period from mid summer to md fall

Blues from snapper blues to cocktail blues, stripe bass and the ocassioanl flounder
muddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 09:24 PM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Daniel, I lived in Port Orange and New Smyrna Beach, so I fished both sides of Ponce Inlet. I always did my best on Redifsh with either live shrimp or finger mullet, both live and dead.

I never went after trout (don't like to eat them), but all of the Snook I ever caught were with live shrimp (or a casting net ).
Old 12-26-09, 12:12 PM   #4
Bassboss

I like jerk baits like x-raps for snook and reds alot, but for reds, I still like a cork rig with a DOA shrimp on the bottom, jerk that thing around the flats are you'll get it.

Also try sub surface lures like a rapala sub walk.
Old 12-26-09, 01:09 PM   #5
zooker

a "ghost" x rap and a rebel popper are two of my favorite speck baits.however alot of my trout have come on a min-nor lure 114m rootbeer..

now for drum i use spinner baits, chatter baits,johnson silver minnow,and either sassy shads or doa shrimp..

i chop the upper blade off terminator titanium spinner baits yank the skirt and add a boot tailed shad body. i rig the same with the chatterbaits..gold blades work the best. sassy shad in tomatoe soup or rootbeer. doa's in rootbeer or new penny are diffinatly hard to beat anywhere.. mind ya doa's are light and don't cast far. however i use them on the old carolina rig..

red fish have to strike downward at the baits-mouth shape causes this-so run the baits accordingly..

belive me when i say doa or sassy shads will catch everything swimming in coastal waters..i have caught everything from largemouth bass to hammerhead sharks on them baits..

zooker
Old 12-26-09, 03:38 PM   #6
danielbasspro

thanks. tomorrow im going to Sebastian Inlet last time I caught a giant redfish, a small snook, a bluefish,some mangos, and 3 sheepshead all the fish kept exept the red and snook. I went I think last weekend I cant remember I was really drunk that night

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.