Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-07, 06:06 PM   #1
MTL_FISHERMAN
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Strike King red eye shad

Has anyone had any luck with this cranker? Went to BPS web site and they are back ordered. Greg Hackney was using one on the Outdoor Channel the other day and catching bass like crazy. Thanks in advance!
MTL_FISHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 07:53 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah i saw that show too, they look great! but to answer your question i haven't used them i was just excited to hear someone else talk about them. i have been looking all over and until now it was like i was the only person interested in them.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 10:33 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Why do you think they're sold out. Too many people watched the show and said I gotta have that bait rotfl. Same thing happened with the Chatterbait. They saw it was great in the classic, and it became the next greatest lure. Not saying it won't catch fish, but I'll bet you a brazillion dollars so will a lot of other stuff. I'm really sounding like a jerk here, I apologize for that. But just because some pro used a bait and caught fish on camera doesn't make it any better than thousands of other baits. He may have been fishing for 2 weeks straight just to catch enough fish on it for the show? And no I haven't used one.

Lizards
Old 02-14-07, 10:42 PM   #4
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

So Lizards, what you are saying is- that if a pro tied on a turd and caught a couple fish with it that would be the next best selling lure. ROFL

Seriously, it might be a good bait, but I wouldn't run out and buy it just because it was featured on a fishing show. I bet that sponsor paid him good money to stick to that bait and now we all know why.
Old 02-14-07, 10:46 PM   #5
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbooger View Post
So Lizards, what you are saying is- that if a pro tied on a turd and caught a couple fish with it that would be the next best selling lure. ROFL

Seriously, it might be a good bait, but I wouldn't run out and buy it just because it was featured on a fishing show. I bet that sponsor paid him good money to stick to that bait and now we all know why.
I'm willing to bet guys would be going to the restroom with a lot of baggies around, and making sure they took notes on what they ate the night before if a pro did catch one on a turd, and it was on a fishing show rotflmao

Lizards
Old 02-15-07, 04:23 AM   #6
K-Driz

Send a message via AIM to K-Driz

I got one of these baits at the 2006 ABA Nationals in October and lost it last week on some rocks. It's a red shad color on the top 2/3 of the lure which fades into white on the bottom 1/3 and it has "Triton boats" printed very small on the sides. This bait is actually pretty decent because it does catch fish, even in cooler water. I let my buddy use the lure a few weeks ago when I took him to the lake because I didn't think it would work and he did. The water temperature was 43 degrees. I was using the same color Rat-L-Trap in the same weight, but I didn't catch any fish and he caught the bass like crazy. Every bait has its time and place and that day was that bait's time and place. Hopefully I can pick some more of these up and continue to give the bass something new to bite on.
K-Driz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 08:45 AM   #7
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

I've used them with some good luck. I'm not saying it is any better than any other lipless bait, but of course like all baits, it does have it's day.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 05:26 PM   #8
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lizard - I've got some banana scented worms to sell ya!!! Seriously, I do.
Old 02-17-07, 01:58 AM   #9
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Lmfao you guys.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 08:28 AM   #10
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Shaw Grigsby was also using them on a recent show, and of course Strike King is one of his biggest sponsors. But seriously any lipless crankbait catches fish, we all know that. So, when I run out of the diverse lipless cranks I use, I will give it a try.
Old 02-17-07, 10:17 AM   #11
links_man2

Noticed local Academy had just stocked some when in there yesterday. If they have made it out here they must be in ALL Academy stores.
links_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.