Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-18-09, 06:41 PM   #26
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Same thing that has happened to the tv shows is now occuring in the magazines too. There is less and less about techniques and the where's and why's and more about pushing product.
The Bass Pros and A Day on the Lake are much better at providing good information over selling product when compared to other programs. In fisherman does a good job too but I'm not always interested in catching salmon, greyling, or sauger.
I'd wish the programs would go back to the old way of presenting tournaments.
Old 02-19-09, 04:22 AM   #27
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have some videos on youtube telling about techniques (kawabunga66) is my channel. As you might be able to tell by my other postings on here I want to teach what I have learned fishing for bass for almost 30 years. I've done many kids fishing events and love introducing people to fishing. I had a partner once that hated the fact I told other bass fisherman how I caught them, fact is tell them, competition is good, keeps you on your toes.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 06:38 PM   #28
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

thank you ccbass. that is what i think it should be all about. help out those who need it. i do it. but i am a better coach than a player,lol. i can tell YOU how to catch em, but as for catching them myself, well..................lol.
Old 02-20-09, 04:35 AM   #29
CCbass

I posted on here yesterday telling about a show I did that actually teaches, with a link. Today it seems to be gone, e-mail me if you want the link, its public on my profile.
Old 02-20-09, 04:42 AM   #30
CCbass

bamabassman, mine seems to be the opposite, I do in fact catch a lot of bass. But when I tell them how they don't believe me, even if I beat them in a tournement. They think I am lying when in fact I am not.
Old 02-20-09, 05:48 PM   #31
bamabassman

hahahaha, ccbass. wish i had that problem buddy!!!
Old 02-20-09, 08:30 PM   #32
Bassboss

Bill Dance is one of my faves, he tells you a lot about the baits. Not just tells you about the big bass! Check this video out, it's great example, and has helped me greatly.

http://www.versuscountry.com/itemdet...ectionType=-1#
Old 02-21-09, 08:11 AM   #33
Mac2

Lunkerville.com has a listing of videos...some are good teachers...especially Chico and the Man parts One and Two. Rich Zaleski, and outdoor writer, gives a very informative technique concerning dropshotting. Good site.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 11:05 AM   #34
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac2 View Post
Lunkerville.com has a listing of videos...some are good teachers...especially Chico and the Man parts One and Two. Rich Zaleski, and outdoor writer, gives a very informative technique concerning dropshotting. Good site.
Mike D is a fishing buddy of mine, and I've fished with most everyone that has been on Lunkerville from NY BASS.com. Rich Z is the true Drop Shot Master. Jason Cuda and Pat X are two of the best Tx anglers out there. The knowlege they have and freely share is just unreal. Fishing with Pat is an experience that dreams are made of, and the list just goes on. I must apologize for clumping this show in with the rest. It's just that I never watch it on the tv, only online, and to me it's an extension of the NY BASS.com community.

What I've got against shows like Bill Dance and Roland Martin is that their choice of lures is only from their sponsors (and I accept that for what it is). And with Dance, he's almost always on a private lake that we could all have great days on given a few days to learn the basics of. Watch his drop shot shot show and then compare it to Kevin's video. Kevin's is worlds ahead of his. Dance uses a swivel, a EWG hook, and any old soft plastic.

When Roland Martin did the NYC Reservoir show with Marty a year ago last Nov. It was two days of wind and nasty weather, but Marty found some sheltered areas by a bridge abuttment that did produce some big fish. Now Marty is a jig fisherman 1st and foremost. That's all he basically uses, and to that effect his choice of jig is a 1 oz home made jig. Since Roland is sponsored by Gary Yamamoto lures, Marty couldn't use his choice of "weapons". So Marty had to come up with a compromise which was a 1 oz ball jig with a Hula Grub. Now I've fished with Marty and talk to him all the time on the water, and he never uses that setup.

My point is that if you're fishing with a expert guest, then Martin should have used the techniques and lures that makes Marty the expert he is.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.