Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 07-07-13, 11:46 PM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Z-Man Lizards

A couple of weeks ago I got a text about midnight asking if I wanted to be on the water at 0530. I asked the deacon if he was off the wagon partying or I was getting a delayed text. He said he meant to call me earlier but was on a date with the misses. I declined, but woke up at 330 in the morning for some reason and couldn't go back to sleep. So I grabbed a couple of rods and a handful of baits. One of them was a Z-Man lizard with the Elaztech. My buddy had his son, so I beat the bank and let them have the boat to themselves since I reneged. But I had a few misses on the BA soft jerk and put one of the lizards on. Of course I had to stretch it like the commercial. I was worried about a hook actually going thru it on a hook set because the stuff is like what I would imagine flubber would be. So I TXposed it and let her rip. About an hour and a half later and 10+ fish, it was still holding up. It never slid the hook (Gammy offset EWG 3/0).

I really can't say how much I would have in confidence in getting a hook all the way through these. But I can say, that flat out hold up to fish after fish. I will try a couple with the hook buried and see what happens when I get back on the water. And I will definitely use them on top with an exposed hook again.
Old 07-08-13, 01:49 AM   #2
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I love that the Zman baits float when at rest. The Palmetto bug is great because it's back end floats up like a craw in a defensive stance when it hits bottom. The Flappin Crawz works well for a jig trailer. Just don't mix them with regular plastics because they'll melt!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 01:52 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like it was well worth making up at 3:30 am to me. I've got some of them Strike King Elaztech senko, havn't put a fish in the boat for me yet, but I like showing them off to my friends! lol
Old 07-08-13, 01:57 AM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

That's what caught me too Blue. I was fishing them weightless in the pads and just twitching them around. I wanted to try the worms on a C-rig but wondering if it takes a gorilla hook set to get the hook thru.
Old 07-08-13, 04:35 AM   #5
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
I wanted to try the worms on a C-rig but wondering if it takes a gorilla hook set to get the hook thru.
I like the wormz on a c-rig and love them on a shakey head. Because they have the odd combination of density and softness I find a light wire hook pops right through better than a heavy. Try rigging them wacky with a small drop shot hook and a split shot heavy enough to send it right to the bottom........
Old 07-08-13, 10:16 AM   #6
bamabassman

floating lizards!!! i just might have to get me a few.
Old 07-08-13, 11:52 AM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

I found them at Walmart surprisingly. At 1 worm/Liz a trip, I can see the value in spending a 5 on them.
Old 07-08-13, 09:13 PM   #8
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
floating lizards!!! i just might have to get me a few.
That's what I was thinking. Early morning, sun barely breaking the horizon. Water is still as glass, and that lizard lands behind a laydown. It just floats there nice and pretty and you start a twitch twitch pause retrieve. Better hang on John! lol
Old 07-09-13, 11:35 PM   #9
bamabassman

Hush keith !!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.