Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 09-21-12, 11:35 PM   #1
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default WTB .50 Cal Black Powder

Hey everyone. I am on the prowl for a nice .50 Cal Black Powder. Any ideas on websites to visit other than Bass Pro/Wal-Mart? Or....does anyone have a nice one on the shelf you are wanting to part with . Will pay with Paypal or check to any of the usual suspects on here....except those that are using BAMA as a character reference...lol.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 09-22-12, 08:32 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I did have a 50 cal ky long barrel when I moved some parts went missing,like trigger,its not like a cva or what one buys at walmart yet not so old it isnt a copy.May run into that eventually but could also be made as generally brass,also have 1862-64 12 ga shotgun damascas barrels wm moore and co london eng,yes still shoots pyrodex 100 grain,7 1/2 shot 1 oz,after i moved they were in garage,stayed there due to room in home and wifes illness they deteriorated out there,starting to rust on a few.
Considered by most to be late originals.,shot them ball only no maxi.If you want a short lil hawken the cva copys and wal mart =maxi balls are hard to beat any of them accurate with a ball including the cva to hit 1 gal milk jug at 100 yards.
Some time if over this away dont go out of your way drop in take a look at the ol things and make an offer all need some work now.
1 brown bess muskit-copy very cheap flintlock-rusty
1 ky long rifle copy but late period 50 cal missing trigger
1 original pa rifle havnt a clue what cal never shot it(my guess 41),missing a lock part
1 12 ga shotgun works but jokers that moved me dropped it stock split had to reglue-yes over 150 years old wood gets dry inside they need someone to care for them and clean them up
former ffl holder ashamed to let anyone know how bad they look from where stored and how lately unused,but at the time had no way around it
So yeah fellas I own guns as well as fishin stuff am also a ccw carrier,and have a permit,still active with my pistols just dont hunt on my 2 acres
ball ammo unlike maxi is like making a small hole miss vitals they go off to live not die,will go thru a deers shoulder and come out its hip with 100 grain load .The ky while a bit heavy to carry around served me several deer.

Last edited by lilmule; 09-22-12 at 08:47 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-12, 10:55 AM   #3
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

www.galleryofguns.com

Once you find one you like put in zip code and it will find a dealer close to you that has one in stock or can order it.

www.gunbroker.com

www.gunsamerica.com
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-12, 09:00 PM   #4
lilmule

I didnt even think about the online auctions all those decent web sites one does have to register I just purchased a handgun off of http://www.gunbroker.com/
black powder one does not need an ffl lic
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-12, 02:45 PM   #5
USMCbassman

I go on those sites quite often to research what's selling for how much, etc. Once I can get a couple more things straightened out I'll begin building my arsenal for the American Revolution and Zombie Apocalypse. I'm not real concerned about the Zombies

Back to the topic at hand...
Old 09-23-12, 06:01 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i was told oyu can also gets lot of parts from civil war re-enactor sites. check em out.
Old 09-23-12, 09:47 PM   #7
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
I go on those sites quite often to research what's selling for how much, etc. Once I can get a couple more things straightened out I'll begin building my arsenal for the American Revolution and Zombie Apocalypse. I'm not real concerned about the Zombies

Back to the topic at hand...
You need to get the hell out of California!
Old 09-23-12, 11:21 PM   #8
USMCbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
You need to get the hell out of California!
Oh the great thing of being a Kansas resident

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.