Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-23-13, 03:17 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Another Classless Act

I noticed today that someone has run into the back of my truck.

That's the bad news.

The good news is, they only succeeded in bending my hitch ball down. Never touched my bumper.

So while I am out the $25 to replace the ball mount (gonna go ahead and change the ball too), I would LOVE to see what it did to their car.

I'm just glad I noticed it before the Dale trip was upon us.
Old 04-23-13, 03:32 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's good bad news. With all the plastic on cars it probably is gonna cost them a lot.
Old 04-23-13, 05:43 PM   #3
bassboogieman

I would think it was well worth the price of your ball and mount, knowing how bad the other dipchit's vehicle is. Now, someone without insurance doing $2000 worth of damage to your month old vehicle, costing you $500 in deductible, and another $100 to file charges, hunt him down (to try and get re-imbursement through Small Claims Court), and when you find him in a parking lot, call the cops and they say don't you dare lay a hand on him and they can't assist me as it is a civil matter, is another story. Be happy in knowing you didn't fare too bad. You probably just would have shot the guy and then we would not have the pleasure of your company at Dale Hollow. See you in about 3 weeks buddy!

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-23-13 at 09:16 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 06:05 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

I'd love to see that car after they backed off of the hitch. 50/50 odds they tore the bumper or some part of it smooth off.
That's why I don't mind too terribly much if somebody's tailgating me. If they rear end me, they get a hole punched straight through their grille, bumper, radiator, etc, and I have to get a new ball mount and ball, all the while laughing at their $2000 repair bill.
Unless I have my kids with me, in which case, may God have mercy on their soul....
Old 04-23-13, 06:23 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

On the other side, it could have been a mawmaw in a old caddy or cutlass and your ball didn't leave a big enough ding to start a rust spot. Just messing with you HP.
Old 04-24-13, 07:39 PM   #6
bamabassman

i am thinking of adding a reciever to the FRONT of my truck, then have my brother in law ( a welder) make me some sort of hook or something, that way i am covered on both ends, hahahaha!!

this reminds me of what i witnessed many years ago, i amy have told this story...but here goes again.

i was eating in a pizza hut with my now EX-wife and our daughter (yes i adopted, long story). i was looking outside at this car backing out. well, they had a boat ont he back (now oyu know WHY i was watching,lol). and the guy apparently didn't know how to back up properly and backed smack dab into a van.
i was saying, and getting louder as i kept repeating, STOP,STOP....OH!!!! too late...then the guy gets out, knowing he hit the van....looks at the side where his prop dug into the sliding door. hops BACK in his car and takes off.

now me ALWAYS having a pen in my pocket, i write down his tag number and start asking who owns the blue mini van. the mother says she has one and i notice she has a special needs child. well, i told her i witnessed it and go tthe tag number of the guy in the car with the boat. we cal the cops, they come AFTER nabbing the guy on their way. he denies the whole thing of course. goes so far as to say he wasn't EVEN IN THE PLACE. the manager says "YES SIR YOU WERE! HERE IS OYUR RECEIPT WITH OYUR SIGNATURE FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD."

then knowing the jib is up, he confesses to the cops. end of sotry, he gets to pay for a NEW door, cops press charges (don't know what all they charged him with) and he is pretty well emptied of his bank account of some hefty fines according to the cops.

i had to sign a paper saying what i saw and everything. never even went to court. but i was willing.

sorry bryce, people are crazy out there. glad it wasn't worse buddy.
Old 04-24-13, 10:04 PM   #7
bassinbob

good man bama.
Old 05-03-13, 06:37 PM   #8
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

99% of all people suck.
The other 1% fish.......
Old 05-03-13, 06:51 PM   #9
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i am thinking of adding a reciever to the FRONT of my truck, then have my brother in law ( a welder) make me some sort of hook or something, that way i am covered on both ends, hahahaha!!

this reminds me of what i witnessed many years ago, i amy have told this story...but here goes again.

i was eating in a pizza hut with my now EX-wife and our daughter (yes i adopted, long story). i was looking outside at this car backing out. well, they had a boat ont he back (now oyu know WHY i was watching,lol). and the guy apparently didn't know how to back up properly and backed smack dab into a van.
i was saying, and getting louder as i kept repeating, STOP,STOP....OH!!!! too late...then the guy gets out, knowing he hit the van....looks at the side where his prop dug into the sliding door. hops BACK in his car and takes off.

now me ALWAYS having a pen in my pocket, i write down his tag number and start asking who owns the blue mini van. the mother says she has one and i notice she has a special needs child. well, i told her i witnessed it and go tthe tag number of the guy in the car with the boat. we cal the cops, they come AFTER nabbing the guy on their way. he denies the whole thing of course. goes so far as to say he wasn't EVEN IN THE PLACE. the manager says "YES SIR YOU WERE! HERE IS OYUR RECEIPT WITH OYUR SIGNATURE FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD."

then knowing the jib is up, he confesses to the cops. end of sotry, he gets to pay for a NEW door, cops press charges (don't know what all they charged him with) and he is pretty well emptied of his bank account of some hefty fines according to the cops.

i had to sign a paper saying what i saw and everything. never even went to court. but i was willing.

sorry bryce, people are crazy out there. glad it wasn't worse buddy.

http://eyeonfilm.files.wordpress.com...the-nerds.jpeg

Couldn't resist, John

Nicely done, btw

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.