Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-09-13, 06:56 PM   #1
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default wiring

had fun afternoon the instrument wiring in boat was brittle and cracked kept shorting out(blowing fuses). had to remove old wires and pull all new ones of course old wires where cable tied to harness. thank god for fish tapes. took about 3 hours and a lot of cramps but all is working now. loading boat tommorrow .
Old 03-09-13, 07:15 PM   #2
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well done, at least you were able to do it. My old tried worn out back can't handle cramped position anymore.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 08:59 PM   #3
bassboogieman

Wiring is never fun, all those darn colors. But sounds like you got through it with no issues so you'll probably never have to do it again. Spring is comming, but still a few weeks away up here.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 10:12 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

come on down here don my friend, buddy of mine, ol pal. hahahahaa!!! i got 2 boats that need oyur expertise, i have a fish tape.

glad oyu got yours all straightened out man for real. i remember oyu working on either oyurs or someone elses at wheeler.
Old 03-09-13, 11:36 PM   #5
nobass

just a phone call away. all it will cost is a trip to the mud hole and lisa's egg gravy
Old 03-10-13, 12:15 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Donald, just remember that on a fiberglass boat, accidentally touching the wire to the hull won't melt anything.
Old 03-10-13, 07:44 AM   #7
nobass

i know but i have a aluminun boat . big hunk of ground.
Old 03-10-13, 09:32 AM   #8
bassboogieman

Seems there may be another story to be told, hummmmm? The Avalanche is Aluminium...
Old 03-10-13, 09:41 AM   #9
bamabassman

hahaha, ya'll NEVER cease to make me laugh.

don, when i can afford it....you are WELCOME to come on down pal. lisa will make oyu a dozen biscuits so oyu can take em home too.egg gravy is all you want? ok. but she can fry up some MEAN chicken too. lol!!
Old 03-10-13, 11:40 AM   #10
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Seems there may be another story to be told, hummmmm? The Avalanche is Aluminium...
Haha, just that I got damned close to burning a hole in my hull while switching my trolling motor receptacle over for the Terrova. Scared the crap out of me. It seems Tracker spared no expense in installing 0.005 inches of extra wire. Lucky it just touched one of the stringers.
Old 03-10-13, 01:05 PM   #11
bassboogieman

LMAO, but as an Engineer - they over think EVERYTHING - why on earth did you not disconnect your wires from the battery when fooling with the recpetacle? OMG, I think I may have paid good money to have seen that one in person, but I'm certain I would have needed ear plugs. But yeah, drawing an arc like that will give you a jolt in more ways than one.
Old 03-10-13, 02:48 PM   #12
nofearengineer

You're right, Bruce...obviously, I should have. But I stubbornly didn't on that occasion. As I have said many times before, my stupid battery compartment is a nightmare to work in. I took a chance, and it nearly screwed me big time.
Old 03-10-13, 10:44 PM   #13
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Speaker of wiring, the last time the wife and I went out, one of the livewells won't work. So today I got in the battery compartment, and found someone had messed with my pump wiring. (Now no one works on my boat but me and me dealer, and it wasn't me ) After fixing the mess they caused, my port side still wouldn't work, so I swithed the wiring around to make sure the pumps still worked, well lucky for me they did. So next (Had the wife get up under the dash ), and she found a loose connection on the port switch, pushed it back on, and it worked. I keep telling the wife I'm going to stop going there, because everytime I do, they screw something up. Well that's it, they won't be seeing me again, but I do plan on talking to the owner to let him see and know and why they won't be seeing me again.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.