Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-29-13, 07:31 PM   #1
syd
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Navonics/Lowrance dowload question

I just purchased the lowrance Elite 7 hdi unit. Really starting to love it.
Here is my question. It doesn't use the standard size sd card that i already had. It uses a smaller micro chip.
I was in the local Gander mountain this evening talking with sales rep about getting the card. He had recently purchased same unit and was not aware of that issue.
Anyway this techno type guy comes up and tells the both of us we don't need to go spend the $150.00 for the card.
He says we can go out and download it. All we need to do is go to Walmart and get the card.
If this is true would this be a Lowrance or Navonics site and what type card 8 or 16gb would work. The steps etc needed to do this.
Would love to hear back if anyone has done this.
As always thanks for your input.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 10:55 PM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You can download a lot like updates etc they are free,their is a new ap for birds to make maps with sceen shots ,lowrance has simular.
As for map downloads never tried it what kind of $,yes should be able to get the card at wally world or radio shack.
Now days the uni maps often have countour built in.16-32 mg,should do,one can use larger like 512 or 1g but not necessary,good luck finding a 16g.
The unofficial humminbird sidefinder forum has an ap downladable for format changing meaning if one has a bird can make into a low or vice versa includes usgs maps,most brands read at least two formats older lowrance not newer see map create 6 even.
So if one had an older sd chip could easily put on a micro,even if older format.
My distrust of dowloads would keep me from any large ap mine often say corrupted etc or not complete and that was on 1500 dsl.
Lowrance used to have some free maps some for each state have most of ohio saved think that is now however discontinued,if I recall correctly were mostly at5.Did he give you a web addy?
Single lake maps had no trouble downloading and or viewing on an older global map,large files like gold platnum id be leary of but mostly me.

Last edited by lilmule; 08-30-13 at 11:09 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.