Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-08-12, 03:34 AM   #1
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Anyone use P-line

I am looking at new fluro carbon lines and i hear a lot of people say P-line is a good brand. Anyone use it? i am planning on using 15lb test for my cranks and spinner bait rod anyone use it? Thanks
Old 01-08-12, 12:21 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I haven't used their fluorocarbons but their copolys are great. CX is my primary line but I use CXX, Fluoroclear, Spectrex IV braid and Voltage too. P-Line makes really good products.
Old 01-08-12, 12:42 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Never been disappointed by any kind of P-line fishin line! CXX and Floroclearn and awesome lines! I'd probably go with Floroclean in your situation. It's quite thin and since it's a floro copolymer, it'll get your cranks better than allot of other lines!
Old 01-08-12, 03:08 PM   #4
Scott the fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Never been disappointed by any kind of P-line fishin line! CXX and Floroclearn and awesome lines! I'd probably go with Floroclean in your situation. It's quite thin and since it's a floro copolymer, it'll get your cranks better than allot of other lines!
All right thanks a lot i am still feeling my way with flurocarbons i used berkely before but i wasnt really impressed with it. I will try P-line thanks
Old 01-08-12, 03:18 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

I love P-lines copoly lines but I have never used their flourocarbon lines. I am a huge fan of Seaguar flourocarbon and I never had any reason to switch to anything else. I don't have any experience with P-lines flourocarbon but I can't imagine it being any better than Seaguar, if it's even as good. Seaguar isn't cheap but I think it's worth a little more money for a good flourocarbon because a bad flourocarbon line is a nightmare to use.
Old 01-08-12, 04:02 PM   #6
IowaBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott the fishman View Post
I am looking at new fluro carbon lines and i hear a lot of people say P-line is a good brand. Anyone use it? i am planning on using 15lb test for my cranks and spinner bait rod anyone use it? Thanks
The only flurocarbon I've used is Vanish - and it was complete crap. To be fair, I used it under very poor flurocarbon conditions: it was last year early spring and the temps were in 30's (cold weather makes flurocarbon stiffer) ...plus it was on a spinning reel - because flurocarbon is so stiff, it doesn't want to stay on the spool.

For me the only reason I would use flurocarbon over braid is for line visibility. When I was looking for new line last year I did a lot of research. Since I fish mainly spinning reels and don't fish a lot of super-clear water I decided to stay away from flurocarbon, at least for now. If I felt line visibility was an important issue, I'd tie a flurocarbon leader onto braid.

I have no personal experience with P-line, but I've heard/read a lot of good things about Fluroclear. Though it's not a true flurocarbon, rather it is a flurocarbon coated line. It sounds like a good compromise between mono and a true flurocarbon at a reasonable price.

If I wanted to go with a true flurocarbon and shell out the $$ I would probably go with Seaugar InvisX. It's got the best endorsements from people I trust.

I have a new spool of 12 pound Berkly Nanofil and am interested to see how that performs!
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 05:52 PM   #7
Scott the fishman

Seaguar is pretty expensive 25 bucks for 200 yards I would most likely need 4 spools so that would run me some money. I heard of people backing their reels with mono do any of you guys do that? Is there like any different feel?
Old 01-08-12, 08:33 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Seaguar is pretty expensive 25 bucks for 200 yards I would most likely need 4 spools so that would run me some money. I heard of people backing their reels with mono do any of you guys do that? Is there like any different feel?
I haven't used backing for flourocarbon so I can't answer that question. I hope I didn't sound like I was saying that P-Line flourocarbon is a bad line because I have never used it and I have no idea whether it's a great line or a bad one. I just have had such good luck with Seaguar that I don't want to switch because I know that a bad flourocarbon line won't be on a reel very long so in the long run it could cost more money to use a cheaper line.

One tip for flourocarbon.

When you spool a reel with flourocarbon, get someone to take the end of the line and start walking. Loosen your drag to allow them to keep pulling the line off your reel as they walk. Once they get all the line pulled off your spool tighten your drag back down and have them pull on the end of the line while you pull against them fromy our end. This will stretch the line out real good. Then have them lay the line on the ground and you start reeling the line back in while adding tension in front of the reel with your thumb and index finger. Stop 3 or 4 times and spray your spool really well with KVD Line and Lure conditioner making sure you get it soaked good. This will get rid of your line twist and make the line much easier to use and will allow you to get more distance with your cast. If your line sets for a few weeks and gets some memory just do this again and your line will be like new again. I do this all the time and it makes a huge difference.
Old 01-08-12, 09:40 PM   #9
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Pline Fluoro is awesome stuff. It's all I use when I have to use Fluoro.

Have nothing but great things to say about this:
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/P-Lin...age-PLPFC.html
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 11:26 AM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Another vote for P-Line CX, CXX, and Evolution. Everyone has said the same as I would. But I will add, you can cast it like a beast, but the back lashed pick out like a beauty.
Old 01-09-12, 11:35 AM   #11
Tavery5

I use the P-line products, some that I have used are CX, CXX, Fluoroclear, and Voltage. The two that I enjoy the most are the CX, and Voltage.
Old 01-09-12, 10:43 PM   #12
Scott the fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I use the P-line products, some that I have used are CX, CXX, Fluoroclear, and Voltage. The two that I enjoy the most are the CX, and Voltage.
I am going to most likely go with voltage and it 8 bucks for 300 yards on tackle warehouse. soo 3 spools for 24 bucks great deal to me
Old 01-09-12, 10:52 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
I am going to most likely go with voltage and it 8 bucks for 300 yards on tackle warehouse. soo 3 spools for 24 bucks great deal to me
I started using P-Line Voltage last year and so far I really like it. It does seem to have a little bit of memory but not near as much as some flourocarbon I have used in the past. It seems like it is really strong and even though I mainly used it for crankbaits last year I will most likely find a lot of uses for it this year. You will like this line.
Old 01-09-12, 11:42 PM   #14
Tavery5

I have had good luck with Voltage, I never fish anything heavier than 12# test. It has been easy to cast, good abrasion resistance, and probably as good as any other copoly I have used in strength and sensitivity. The price makes it very affordable. It does have a little more memory than some other copoly lines I have used but the other attributes of this line more than make up for it. Shoot it with a little L&L and it behaves it self.
Old 01-10-12, 10:56 AM   #15
IowaBasser

Quote:

I hear ya - premium fishing line has gotten expensive! I think one viable option would be to shell out the 25 bucks for one spool of InvisX and rig one of your reels. Then spool the rest of your reels with P-line or a less expensive line. It's really the only way you will be able to determine what line you like best for the type of fishing you do.

Honestly, I'm not sure I would want Fluorocarbon on 4 different reels. There are a lot of applications where a braid or even a mono would be acceptable lines for me. In fact, finesse fishing (drop-shots, shakey heads, senkos, etc.) are the applications where I would most likely want Fluorocaron. The rest of the time (crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, etc.) I would feel comfortable with something other than Fluoro, or perhaps a braid with 3 feet of Fluoro tied on as a leader.
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 03:11 PM   #16
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I have had good luck with Voltage, I never fish anything heavier than 12# test. It has been easy to cast, good abrasion resistance, and probably as good as any other copoly I have used in strength and sensitivity. The price makes it very affordable. It does have a little more memory than some other copoly lines I have used but the other attributes of this line more than make up for it. Shoot it with a little L&L and it behaves it self.
That is pretty much the same experience I have had with it. I use the 15lb for some applications and get along fine with it as well.
Old 01-10-12, 04:24 PM   #17
kiddelicious
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
i use backing on all my reels. why wouldn't you? what's the point in spooling 100 yards of line on a reel so it can get down to the last 50 yards with half a spool and not cast/feel the same? unless you lose lures every 4 casts then you should definitely put some sort of mono backing on a reel. saves tons of line and when you are short just strip the last few yards off and you have a full reel again.

i've only used p-line CXX and the stuff is incredibly strong. If you do go with CXX go down a # test of 2 from what you usually use. so if you are using 12lb, go with 8 or 10. it runs a bit larger than others and is freakishly strong. make sure to use some sort of line conditioner. some people complain that pline has a lot of memory. i always make sure i used some sort of line conditioner and i've never had any issues with it.
kiddelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 09:17 PM   #18
finessefishin
BassFishin.Com Member

I've used CX and I had problems with the line getting knicks really easy, but the FC doesn't seem to have this problem. I use Seagar FC, I have used a lot of different lines and it seems to work the best.
finessefishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 09:25 PM   #19
Bassboss

Quote:
I do it with all me reels no mater what the mainline is. lets me respool more often, and save money. A 200 yard spool will last me 4 reels as appose to 1 or 2/
Old 01-16-12, 09:37 PM   #20
bassinbob

Just started using the CX last year. Used to use Yo Zuri but like the CX much more.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.