Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-14-08, 11:00 AM   #1
Jd4lfe
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Chatham-kent area..Anyone from around here ?

Hey everyone !!!
Im from the Chatham-kent ( ontario ) area and Im just starting to explore Bass fishing as a hobby.... and when I say that, i mean as a SERIOUS hobby. Ive always been into fishing, but never really got INTO it ya know ?
I'm 100% catch and release.
I've been doing alot of reading and studying to get some new tips and stuff. Im just wondering if there is anyone on the forum that is familiar with Rondeau Bay and its fishing spots.
The bay is about a 20 minute drive from me and its a great spot for fishing.
I have a buddy i go out with and he has a small 12' with a 9.9HP that we use to creep up in weed beds. Im not sure what types of weeds they are because i dont know the names, all I can tell you.... When i get weeds on my lure they seem to have what i think are some sort of eggs or something on them, there is ALOT of mossy weeds and lilly pads.

My questions would be...
- whens the best time to go out ?
- what are the best types of lures for these conditions ( thick, mossy, grassy, lilpads )
- what soft plastics would you use, and how ?

I guess that would be all... any help would be great.
I tried a " weedless " booyah jig last night, a white one with the white skirt and white worm, but all that was happening was weeds weeds weeds.... the head was getting COVERED in moss n crap.... it lasted for about 3 casts then i switched.
Jd4lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 07:42 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

welcome to the house of nuts and bait monkey fodder friend. feed that monkey and you'll be fine. as for what time to go fishing.....well anytime is the right time. during the summer alot of guys and gals like to night fish. and others like the moring till night, lmao. just whenever you want to go my friend. as for what type of lures......for where you described, lizards, buzzbaits, spinners, frogs, spooks, poppers, anything topwater might work. jigs are great as well. it all depends on the specific conditions and so forth. you will get alot of responses, just hang on a bit. and welcome to the site. we are crazy as loons.... but we are a good kind of crazy. we'll help in any way we can.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 07:48 PM   #3
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

First of all welcome to the nut house lots of great guys and the search tab will be your best friend . For the pads I would t-rig a worm or creature bait weightless and drag it across the top of them let it fall into the holes and twitch wait twitch and so on, you could also throw a frog out there and work that in the same fashion , at night i would give darker colored baits a shot blues,black,red and so on . good luck man

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.